Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    this is where i get hung up on the entire project related to cost...

one actual builders get hold of the basic 'conceptual plans'.....and reengineer it ... tweak it test modify it update it build and deliver it I dont believe the projected 1/4 to 1/2 cost for a second.......
    That is valid....but at some point this controlling of cost is just a myth in my books anyhow. The only way you control cost is to have a spec series, which all but a few of us DON'T want.....

AT some point, people have to wake up and realize that racing is expensive, and how fast you want to go is related to how much you want to spend. Penske and Ganassi won all but one race last year in a series where there is cost containment and everyone races the same car. Obviously money still buys speed anyhow.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Money gets you to the race track, anyhow, Mark. That's why cost containment is a big issue, especially now. It, sadly, ain't the '50s and '60s anymore.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Much bigger fan of the Swift.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Sorry, the NASCAR reference was about teams merging, e.g.

DEI absorbed another team (MB2?), and then merged with Ganassi and gone from running approx 8 cars between the 3 teams, to just 2.
    Evernham merged with Petty and then with Yates, probably halfing the number of cars run between them.

The only Champ Car team merger I remember was RuSport/Rocketsports.

I'm not debating IndyCar is in a far more dire state than NASCAR, but team mergers have hit NASCAR far more than IndyCar, especially considering de Ferran wasn't here before anyway, so we haven't lost a car (and might gain one if they are able to expand to two as a result)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This all seems like a Berniesque type publicity stunt.

This bugger is never going to see the light of day as a human driven race car; unless they move the Indy 500 to the IRP Drag Strip or to the Bonneville Salt Flats.

Just one man's opinion.
    Don't waste your time having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but everyone on here saying that the thing won't turn is slapping Ben Bowlby right in the face. Considering this man does this for a living, and knows whether this thing will turn or not, I'm willing to throw my trust behind him. Maybe you should atleast give him the benefit of the doubt that the car will turn when he says it will.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree, all of the criticism of the car is about how it looks. We have very little idea what is under the skin to make the car perform. Somewhat silly to suggest that they didn't look at all the tracks it will race on, to make sure it can go around the turns. Seems pretty basic. If it can make it through the hairpin at Long Beach, that about covers it.
    The Bro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12

DEI absorbed another team (MB2?), and then merged with Ganassi and gone from running approx 8 cars between the 3 teams, to just 2.
    Evernham merged with Petty and then with Yates, probably halfing the number of cars run between them.

I'm not debating IndyCar is in a far more dire state than NASCAR, but team mergers have hit NASCAR far more than IndyCar, especially considering de Ferran wasn't here before anyway, so we haven't lost a car (and might gain one if they are able to expand to two as a result)

Nothing to be sorry about, he knew full well what the reference was.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but everyone on here saying that the thing won't turn is slapping Ben Bowlby right in the face. Considering this man does this for a living, and knows whether this thing will turn or not, I'm willing to throw my trust behind him. Maybe you should atleast give him the benefit of the doubt that the car will turn when he says it will.

What? You mean all these doubters don't have x-ray vision and telepathic powers to examine the car in detail from the comfort of their overstuffed arm chairs. Say it ain't so! I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you!

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12

In NASCAR they had more to merge....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".