Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by race aficionado
    he's getting hungry
    ahh... That explains why KFC, McDonalds and Burger King have started ordering tons of more supplies than usually.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    When is a NASCAR rule not a NASCAR rule? When NASCAR officials decide to ignore it. Juan Pablo Montoya got a controversial call from NASCAR last week and was allowed to run laps at Darlington Raceway during a Goodyear tire test, even though Montoya wasn't on the approved list of four drivers for the test.

Rival teams complained about the Montoya exception, which Goodyear said that NASCAR executives approved.

Montoya has never raced at Darlington. But then fellow rookies David Ragan, David Reutimann, Paul Menard, and A. J. Allmendinger haven't either.

Teams are limted to NASCAR's seven official annual tests at tour tracks and are not allowed independent tests at those tracks.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    OT : muggles, I like your signature.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2mtt
    Who it reminds me of more is Carl Edwards of 2 & 3 years ago, when he was nearly untouchable running the high line in the strong Roush intermediate-length-track cars. However, Carl can't drive a road course or superspeedway worth crud. JPM doesn't have that problem, and WILL be a superstar in NASCAR.
    In F1 and CART, JPM had a loose car, turned in early and hugged the apex with his car control (a very similar driving style to Michael Schumacher and Nigel Mansell). To some extent he could do the same on the ovals in CART because of the in-car chassis adjustments.

The dynamics of a stock car and open wheeler are obviously different.

I think JPM is learning that you can't run low with a loose stock car on the intermediate tracks. You see it week in week out, guys losing the rear end at the middle and coming off the turns.

I would also like to say that I'm really enjoying JPM learning and improving in NASCAR.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    When is a NASCAR rule not a NASCAR rule? When NASCAR officials decide to ignore it. Juan Pablo Montoya got a controversial call from NASCAR last week and was allowed to run laps at Darlington Raceway during a Goodyear tire test, even though Montoya wasn't on the approved list of four drivers for the test.

Rival teams complained about the Montoya exception, which Goodyear said that NASCAR executives approved.
    I thought it was Goodyear that approved the decision, since it was not an official Test to all teams, montoya took some laps in the 41.

but yeah I would be complaining too to know that other drivers that werent on the list came to the test to drive. but Goodyear should just let then 1 car from every team to come to the test and let 1 driver from each team test.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great weekend for montoya.
    When he was interviewed after the race i thought he said he was pissed off over something or did i hear incorrectly? I'm thinking back to jr saying **** and getting that big points deduction.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yeah but half of the people watching prob cant understand half of what monty says anyway.
    good luck RBR

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    I thought it was Goodyear that approved the decision, since it was not an official Test to all teams, montoya took some laps in the 41.

but yeah I would be complaining too to know that other drivers that werent on the list came to the test to drive. but Goodyear should just let then 1 car from every team to come to the test and let 1 driver from each team test.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    More....................

As if the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. needed any more headaches after 39 spins and accidents last week at Las Vegas, the company got even more criticism this week when Juan Pablo Montoya was allowed to do a tire test at the Darlington Raceway.

Goodyear routinely conducts tire tests. It randomly invites drivers, but Montoya was allowed to drive although he wasn’t on Goodyear’s list. The test at Darlington was important because that race will feature the new Car of Tomorrow. Goodyear invited #24-Jeff Gordon, #22-Dave Blaney, #41-Reed Sorenson and #16-Greg Biffle, but Montoya showed up and was allowed to drive Sorenson’s car.

Goodyear said Montoya had NASCAR’s blessing. NASCAR vice president Jim Hunter said NASCAR allowed Montoya, a rookie, to drive because he’s never been at Darlington. Montoya’s appearance at Darlington may prove to be a one-time exception. NASCAR said invited drivers are the only people who will be allowed to test in the future.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Will Juan have a Tony Stewart type rookie year? Yes he was good at open wheel and so far seems to be catching on quickly in NASCAR. Yes he is popular.
    But I didn't care for Juan in open wheel and don't care much for him now. JMO
    Don't take anything I post too seriously folks.
    I'm like a bottle of wine, I get better with age.