Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    That was the earlier one - now there's been yet another with just seconds to go and predictably the session's been ended!

That's it for 2010 testing.

1 Hamilton McLaren 1m20.472s
    2 Webber Red Bull 1m20.496s +0.024
    3 Massa Ferrari 1m20.539s +0.067
    4 Sutil Force India 1m20.611s +0.139
    5 Vettel Red Bull 1m20.667s +0.195
    6 Schumacher Mercedes 1m20.745s +0.273
    7 Barrichello Williams 1m20.870s +0.398
    8 Kobayashi Sauber 1m20.911s +0.439
    9 Buemi Toro Rosso 1m22.135s +1.663
    10 Kubica Renault 1m23.175s +2.703
    11 Kovalainen Lotus 1m25.251s +4.779
    12 Di Grassi Virgin 1m26.160s +5.688
    Wow, just WOW! This is going to be an epic legendary season of justice! Good times!
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    me too.

i can't recall a time in all my years of F1 watching that I was this unsure of how the first races let alone the season is going to unfold. It is less about surprises than about, everyone genuinely being really good, drivers cars etc. I got this weird feeling of pure uncertainty, nervous anticipation and giddiness. It's like going backstage to the dressing rooms at the miss universe contest, yeah there are one of two women that you really like but the bevy of beauties provides a sensory overload. That's how I feel about F1 2010. So many stories, so many subplots, so many good drivers and so many good cars.
    Very cool post, truefan!
    Formula 1

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Sidebar; it seems that Brawn is (so far) keeping his promise and treating both drivers as equals. Their best laps (which we must assume are low fuel quali simulations) are 0.1s apart.

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Sidebar; it seems that Brawn is (so far) keeping his promise and treating both drivers as equals. Their best laps (which we must assume are low fuel quali simulations) are 0.1s apart.
    There is no reason not to as the racing hasn't started yet.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    The last day of testing has certainly created some very interesting results, because it looks like numerous teams have tried a quali-simulation and as the overall times show, it's mighty close. McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull are almost inseparable and the chasers (Force India, Mercedes, etc) are all right behind ready and capable of capitalizing on any miscalculation the expected top teams might make. Actually I don't remember a winter testing, which saw as many as three teams being basically on the same level! Usually 1-2 teams have emerged above others in pre-season. All of this is just plain awesome! Hopefully the new teams won't have to feel lonely at the back for too long and will be capable of joining the tight and exciting battles of the established teams sooner or later.

The whole situation will create especially extremely tense qualifying battles as I suspect the new rules will increase the importance of Saturdays. Already in 2008 on several circuits the Top10 were within 0,5 seconds and it looks like it could be even tighter than that now. The nerves of racing drivers will be put to an astonishing test to try to pull out perfect laps throughout qualifying!

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    There is no reason not to as the racing hasn't started yet.
    Well that's not true. According to someone who has been there and done that - Mr J Herbert, the first time he tested in '95 he was close to Schu's pace but from that moment on it became a closed shop and he never saw a scrap of data from the other side of the garage to assist him.

Now I'm not trying to suggest Herbs would have beaten MS, but that was just testing too and equal treatment was not given there so I applaud Brawn for so far giving both drivers a fair shot - may the best German win

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I have to agree with the consensus on here, I said back at the end of last season that 2010 could be arguably one of the best and most unpredictable seasons in recent years, and pre-season testing has only reinforced that belief.

I cant wait now for Bahrain
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Well that's not true. According to someone who has been there and done that - Mr J Herbert, the first time he tested in '95 he was close to Schu's pace but from that moment on it became a closed shop and he never saw a scrap of data from the other side of the garage to assist him.

Now I'm not trying to suggest Herbs would have beaten MS, but that was just testing too and equal treatment was not given there so I applaud Brawn for so far giving both drivers a fair shot - may the best German win
    You are referring to Flavio. Ross Brawn does not manage that way. If Schumacher wins three out of the first six races and Rosberg is breathless the situation will change.

Although Schumacher has his own way and he is a master at building his team to a point where EVERYONE else will have to follow.

Eddie Cheever said that being teammate to Alain Prost at Renault was like going through a food processor - everytime Eddie gained on Prost, Alain would uo the ante even further.

Schumacher will do the same. Rosberg is I think on for the bumpiest ride of his life! If he just keeps up, he will be doing extremely well.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Still 12 odd days to go! Time seems to be going so slowly now.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Still 12 odd days to go! Time seems to be going so slowly now.
    Oddly enough the time seems to be going too quickly for me - only 12 days?! Probably I've been concentrated on other issues "too much", so as a consequence the F1 season is nearing at a rapid pace. I'm not sure I'm ready yet.