Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Based on what we have seen so far, it looks like Ferrari may be in front with Sauber/McLaren (at least the one with Hamilton behind the wheel) closely following. But it remains to be seen whether Ferrari chasers have more unlocked potential left in car development. Also can't wait to see that new RB6 in the next tests.
    Count out Sauber. They've been doing short runs and searching for sponsors trick.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Count out Sauber. They've been doing short runs and searching for sponsors trick.
    The same was said about Brawn last year and secondly I don't see a reason, why BMW-Sauber couldn't have developed a good car for this season. They may not be good enough to fight it out for outright wins, but I think they are generally quite competitive.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Theres an easy answer to that my boy. Felipe was driving the car that Alonso had originally made 6/10ths quicker..
    I hadn't thunk of that...... ;-)
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well, I can certainly see the Alonso "car-development" myths coming back this season if Ferrari is a top car, much like they were created back in 2007 with McLaren. The fact that Ferrari's F10 was topping timesheets already before Alonso had ever sat in the car has nothing to do with it, of course. :
    Apparently Onslow was developing the car last year while racing for Renault, clever little bunny wot he is....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    The same was said about Brawn last year and secondly I don't see a reason, why BMW-Sauber couldn't have developed a good car for this season. They may not be good enough to fight it out for outright wins, but I think they are generally quite competitive.
    Was it? Because Honda bankrolled the entire season so they never needed the money.

I think the Sauber times are 'false' in that they won't be scrapping for wins but points finishes look like a good potential.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    So Fernando, in his first test for the Scuderia, sets a 1:11.470, the second fastest car sets a 1:12.094.

Oh look, thats 6/10ths.
    Oh yes!! The same 6 tenths that he forgot at Mclaren when he went back to Renault. Also, his 6 tenths seem to have gobsmackingly amazing telepathic power, helped Ferrari throw all money and resources into this car WHILE Fernando was driving for Renault.

I'm a believer!!!

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

Yes I know its testing, but I'm bored and can't wait for Bahrain

Brawn was super consistant with decent amount of laps last year http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/0...melbourne-win/

Sauber have shown their pace on short 10 lap runs

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/0...n-in-valencia/

His (PDLR) long runs were varied, the fastest in the middle of the day was a ten lap run in which his times compared with the Ferrari, but I would guess that he was running less fuel for that run.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sarahholt...ff_to_a_f.html

The Swiss-based team are certainly showing signs of competitiveness but their times are tempered by the fact that they were not set during longer runs on the track, which could mean they had less fuel on board.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    BMW Sauber is one of the three best cars!

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I trust next time Lewis makes a comment about his input in the car, you the other tifosi massive won't be quite as quick to judge on this basis. We all live happily ever after.
    Since you are an expert in dredging through my old posts (and failing to find anything, but we'll airbrush that out for now) when have I being quick to judge on that before?

I have no doubt that Lewis Hamilton is capable of driving development forward, either through feedback, technical input, charisma or sheer bloody willpower.

It is sad that the majority of his fans can't bring themselves to do the same towards his rivals, but that isn't his fault either.

Lewis has faults, far more than his fans can bear to accept, but an inability to bring pace to a car isn't one of them.

Much the same with Fernando.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Just in case any part of that was aimed at me, I'll repeat what I've said so many times before: I respect Alonso's ability as a driver, and as one of the top men in the sport right now. You don't win two championships by accident.

I just don't want him to blummin' well win anything else - ever!

Not supporting somebody doesn't automatically mean not respecting their achievements.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u