Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Well, the first cycle of testing is over. In BBC Live feed Ross Brawn has already admitted that "Ferrari has looked most impressive and we are a bit behind." Button looked strangely uncompetitive today - still adapting to the car?

Based on what we have seen so far, it looks like Ferrari may be in front with Sauber/McLaren (at least the one with Hamilton behind the wheel) closely following. But it remains to be seen whether Ferrari chasers have more unlocked potential left in car development. Also can't wait to see that new RB6 in the next tests.

By the way, de la Rosa and Hülkenberg collided today. No surprise there - one hasn't raced for ages in F1 and the other has never done it. :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    By the way, de la Rosa and Hülkenberg collided today. No surprise there - one hasn't raced for ages in F1 and the other has never done it. :
    A case of premature race fever, I guess.

Or maybe de la Rosa just didn't wanna get passed by a guy half his age!

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    from the autosport live blog

12:56 And speaking of lunch, Michael Schumacher had some pasta at Ferrari's hospitality yesterday

Why is he having lunch with Ferrari?
    Why can't he stick with the Mercedes crew and leave that past association behind. And that goes withthe red helmet thing as well.
    If I was Mercedes GP, I'd be pissed. At this early stage he needs to show more loyalty/interest to the team that he is with, not having lunch over at his old team and cajoling with their staff. Don't like it one bit!
    Maybe Michael just prefers Italian pasta to whatever Brawn were serving up?

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Well I've really enjoying seeing F1 cars in action again after a long (artificially long) winter break.

It would seem no one team has stolen a huge advantage on another like last year (yet) so I'm really hoping for an exciting and competitive season ahead.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Maybe Michael just prefers Italian pasta to whatever Brawn were serving up?
    could be. Italians do make some great food
    you can't argue with results.

found some videos of today ( and other days)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhh0v...eature=channel

part 2 of Valencia day 3, great stuff, good quality
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYV_h...eature=channel

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    from the autosport live blog

12:56 And speaking of lunch, Michael Schumacher had some pasta at Ferrari's hospitality yesterday

Why is he having lunch with Ferrari?
    Why can't he stick with the Mercedes crew and leave that past association behind. And that goes withthe red helmet thing as well.
    If I was Mercedes GP, I'd be pissed. At this early stage he needs to show more loyalty/interest to the team that he is with, not having lunch over at his old team and cajoling with their staff. Don't like it one bit!
    Because Schumi does not have a self-esteem problem and when you have been with a team and been so successful, one remain friends.

There WAS a time when drivers of different teams would during practice and testing go and sit with other teams - Lauda and Hunt for example.

Teams would help each other if needed - such as changing and engine [imagine THAT!!!] and when every single thing a driver or team did was not over analyzed.

The best comment before Interlagos in 2009 was that of Anthony Hamilton - lets remember he said, its all good fun.

Schumacher owes Mercedes nothing. He is paid to race and will do his best.

Thats why I miss Kimi Raikkonen - that he will not be racing in f1 in 2010 is a great pity.

But he never pretended that this was some sort of "team sport". Its not. It is a sport of teams amd drivers who are individuals - and no ampunt of the artificial "strategy" nonsense that has been part of racing swops the reality for the pretense. He did his thing and went home.

He never insulted or criticized another driver or team, or even his own when someone like Alonso would have been blabbering and bleatiing like a little spoilt baby.

And is Kimi noticed for his achievements? No. There is always whining that somehow he did not "lead" and pull the dysfunctional Ferrari team togethere - well BOO-HOO!

So let Schumi have lunch with friends - he is intelligent and understands that being collegiate has nothing to do with not getting his job done, namely - beating Ferrari and all the others.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    I hope Schumi does NOT wear that awful and very outdated RED helmet design.

The basic black he wore today - the new Schuberth helmet - looked far more suitable than the red in the W01.

I think even at this early stage he is doing his usual holding back and on different laps testing the quick ability in sections of the track.

Remember - Schumi was always able to literally change and adapt each lap. His amazing ability to bamboozle and outwit the opposition was well known.

I do advance that Schumi is sandbagging as usual - underestimating him will be the biggest mistake for anyone.

I see Petrov and Button - did the lowest amount of laps, with Massa almost three times their quantity and most other people 20 to 40 laps more.

Nice to see all the cars available out there, but the next test will begin the real work and maybe we will be able to guage tthis season's pecking order better.

Really excited about the beautiful Virgin-Cosworth [it looks like a Red Bull car] and this season's RB06. Until the car runs on track this first test has essentially been an "installation" test.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I don't think Schumi should change his helmet design. Helmets are supposed to be a personal aspect of each driver and I don't like it when a driver changes his helmet to suit the corporate image of his new team (Button in 2009, Kubica in 2010 and Alonso in 2007 for example).

I can't believe that Schumi having lunch can be an issue. Does it really matter who, what and where he does for lunch?
    Forza Ferrari!!