Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Swrc 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The SWRC roster ought to look like this:

Ford Fiesta:
    Martin Prokop, Bernado Sousa, Janne Touhino, Andres Mikkelsen, Xavier Pons, Nasser Al-Attyah, Michael Kosciusko, Lasse Storm and Harry Hunt.

Skoda Fabia:
    Patrick Sandell, Eyvind Brynildsen, Per Arne Saav, Juho Hanninen, Per-Gunnar-Andersson,

Citroen Saxo:
    Ikka Pastilla

Peugeot 207:
    Danny Snobeck & Michael Slowow

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    No, only Prokop, Sandell, Brynildsen, Sousa, Tuohino, Andersson and Sääv are SWRC entries for Sweden. Al Attiyah, Kosciuszko and Pons are also registered for SWRC and will start later in the season, the rest not. The more Sääv and Andersson are entered for wild cards only (one start without taking points). Of course it's still possible to register. We will see who will do that...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]No, only Prokop, Sandell, Brynildsen, Sousa, Tuohino, Andersson and Sääv are SWRC entries for Sweden. Al Attiyah, Kosciuszko and Pons are also registered for SWRC and will start later in the season, the rest not. The more Sääv and Andersson are entered for wild cards only (one start without taking points). Of course it's still possible to register. We will see who will do that...
    I was really thinking long term, yes. Past Sweden certainly.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EavesFan09
    The SWRC roster ought to look like this:

Ford Fiesta:
    Martin Prokop, Bernado Sousa, Janne Touhino, Andres Mikkelsen, Xavier Pons, Nasser Al-Attyah, Michael Kosciusko, Lasse Storm and Harry Hunt.

Citroen Saxo:
    Ikka Pastilla

Peugeot 207:
    Danny Snobeck & Michael Slowow
    What does the Citroen Saxo driver have to do with anything? Last time I checked Snobeck was in a 307WRC, Solowow isn't doing SWRC, and Storm and Hunt are in Fiesta R2's!
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    What does the Citroen Saxo driver have to do with anything? Last time I checked Snobeck was in a 307WRC, Solowow isn't doing SWRC, and Storm and Hunt are in Fiesta R2's!
    Are we breathing calmly and have counted to 10 now? Good.

Am I to take it then that Snobeck is with the bigger guns in the WRC, Slowow is doing something
    else (possibly PRWC)?

From memory I did say Storm and Hunt were in Ford Fiesta's so that is OK atleast.

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts

From memory I did say Storm and Hunt were in Ford Fiesta's so that is OK atleast.
    NO it's not ok because Storm and Hunt are in Fiesta's which are R2 cars where as SWRC is for S2000 cars.
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Are we breathing calmly and have counted to 10 now? Good.

Am I to take it then that Snobeck is with the bigger guns in the WRC, Slowow is doing something
    else (possibly PRWC)?

Not everyone on an entrylist is committing themselves to do a championship (PWRC/SWRC etc.) Even if they are in similar machinery like Michal Solowow they might not want/have the budget to do the allotted amount of rallies to qualify. The lower end guys like Harry Hunt are just privateers. However every car on a rally does belong to a class (A8, N4 etc) and you can compete for a class win on a rally which is an altogether different thing.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 306 Cosworth
    NO it's not ok because Storm and Hunt are in Fiesta's which are R2 cars where as SWRC is for S2000 cars.
    This habit of people shouting at me really is upsetting me now. I am sure we can all think of a way to get accross our point that doesn't require shouting at people.

Is it OK however if R2 means nowt to you? If you ask me what R2 is I would have said a fictional robot. I would have never linked it to a type of a rally car. In the beginning I thought the R2 suffix was an actual type of Ford Fiesta (like TDi, XR4, XR2i or ST is).

Still nee wiser though! :

Does R2 mean it is a JWRC, PWRC or WRC car?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not everyone on an entrylist is committing themselves to do a championship (PWRC/SWRC etc.) Even if they are in similar machinery like Michal Solowow they might not want/have the budget to do the allotted amount of rallies to qualify. The lower end guys like Harry Hunt are just privateers. However every car on a rally does belong to a class (A8, N4 etc) and you can compete for a class win on a rally which is an altogether different thing.
    Thanks.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not everyone on an entrylist is committing themselves to do a championship (PWRC/SWRC etc.) Even if they are in similar machinery like Michal Solowow they might not want/have the budget to do the allotted amount of rallies to qualify.
    In case of Solowow it is definitely not about the money. Last time I checked his fortune was worth 2,3 BILLION Dollars.