Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Jonathan Brown says that he is looking forward to the new V8series. After struggling to adapt to the Holden after a late entry last year he is hoping to be challenging for the overall honours after switching to Ford.

"Last year was reallt tough and I only managed to battle in the mid-field for the races I competed in. However I had some moments of pace, such as Surfers Paradise qualifying."

Jon will be hoping to build on his winter form that has seen him challenge reigning V8 champ Peter Vuko on the ClioCup and BTCC. " I've managed to give P.Vuko a good run for his money in front-wheel drive cars, so now I will try to do the same in a R/Wd"
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm curious to know what view you use when racing ? I use the in cockpit view, looking through the windshield over the dashboard. This view to me seems the most realistic. Does anyone use a different view ? I don't like the view where you can see the back of the car, not very realistic IMO (looks like you are driving the car whilst sitting in a box trailer mounted behind it. What view do you use ?
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    I'm curious to know what view you use when racing ? I use the in cockpit view, looking through the windshield over the dashboard. This view to me seems the most realistic. Does anyone use a different view ? I don't like the view where you can see the back of the car, not very realistic IMO (looks like you are driving the car whilst sitting in a box trailer mounted behind it. What view do you use ?
    never mind realism I want low lap times

chase cam, baby
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use the cockpit view too, because I think it's most realistic and most fun.

but I think most people here use the trailer box view, because you can see how the car is handling better and that may help you pick up some time.

as a purist, I think all views other than the cockpit view should be outlawed as silly and unrealistic
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use the roof camera, but I can the camera back and forth from the cockpit to the roof, I don't use the full car view, though.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    tannat, my friend, then you will never know the joys of having to finish a race while looking through a severly cracked windshield.

or know the funny feeling of driving the car from the wrong side when you're down under.

but you go ahead chasing your lap times, and your podiums and your victories.

hey, why not just put the car on autopilot? and let the AI do everything for you?

sad sad sad....
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny shell

or know the funny feeling of driving the car from the wrong side when you're down under.

Hey! That's the correct side

I usen the chase camera so I can tell what the rear of the car is doing. But if I'm using my steering wheel (which I never do in these championships) I use the cockpit cam.

I think I use the chase cam just because that's what i'm used to most.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i use bonnet cam for touring cars, and cockpit view for single seaters.

I can tell what the back end of the car is doing without looking at it..its called feel

i hate the outside view of the car..its not natural.

Sometimes i use the cockpit view for touring cars when i go onto a single ch'ship for some fun..makes it more realistic.

How do I print my voicemail?
    http://www.surrealillusions.co.uk - motorsport photos :)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use the cockpit for single seater open wheels, but do you notice the front wing disappears when in the view it annoys me to know that
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by real_illusions
    i use bonnet cam for touring cars, and cockpit view for single seaters.

I can tell what the back end of the car is doing without looking at it..its called feel

i hate the outside view of the car..its not natural.

Sometimes i use the cockpit view for touring cars when i go onto a single ch'ship for some fun..makes it more realistic.

Bonnet cam for me as well! I find it helps you place the car much easier into the corners.
    Michael \"Beef\" Park 1966 - 2005 RIP
    Richard Britton 1970 - 2005 RIP

Go n-eiri an bothar leo!