Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question to all Schumacher fans

With Michael Schumacher out of formula 1 for the first time in 16 years, who are you other MS fans going to be cheering for this season ?? Are you sticking with Ferrari ??

I myself will find it a lot harder to get up at 3/4 in the morning to watch some of the races knowing Michael won't be there. Although I am a dedicated F1 fan and will be cheering again for Ferrari in 2007. I hope Massa wins with Rakionen in 2nd.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    For me, the guy behind the wheel is largely irrelevant. As long as the car comes from Maranello.

I got into F1 because of Ferrari. Drivers come and go but Ferrari are forever!

Now that I've got the fanatical worship out of the way, I have to say that for the first time for a number of years I won't be wanting a particlar driver to win. Whilst I was always happy to see Irvine, Barrichello or Massa win I somehow savoured Michael's wins a bit more. Probably because they brought Ferrari a bit closer to a championship.

So it's back to the Alesi/Berger days. I didn't mind whether car No. 27 or No. 28 won. So long as one of them did. It was, sadly, a very rare occurence.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Initially when he announced his retirement i thought it would be very hard to cope. But honestly, this coming season is just as exciting as ever. I adored Michael, and he will always remain my favourite driver and in my memory, but we move on, because we all love f1. I will still be supporting Ferrari and hoping Massa and Kimi do well, but in the last year BMW have also grown as a favourite of mine so i hope they keep improving and of course being an Australian, i will also cheer on Webber.

It is sad him not being there, and at times we will notice it without him there and it will be different, but it will still be formula 1 racing, and in the end of the day, that's what drives me crazy with excitement, formula 1. Michael was just a bonus. I will miss him forever though. I still think he should have gone on 1 more season...
    Michael Schumacher - the most succesful driver in formula 1 history - ROBERT KUBICA!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Not being a fan of any particular driver or team, I luckily don't have these dilemmas! Michael was a big part of F1, but F1 will live on without him in the hands of the next crop of young talent.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm sticking with Ferrari. I can't see myself really supporting anyone else. I usually support the underdog of the season as well but...is there an underdog at all this year?

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    as far as the front runners go I am leaning to ferrari. It is a hard trip back after cheatmacher. However I won't fully commit until about 3 races. Underdogs will be toro rosso and aguri. I like alonso but rod dennis is a prix. Eyes are on massa and rak with a bit of a look at rosberg and hekki. of course i like speed but after bergers comments i will hold judgement. I will actually give button a look to see if he can finally shine. The reason I am still looking at button is i have decided not to throw a driver under the bus for not overdriving a car incapable of winning
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    I will actually give button a look to see if he can finally shine. The reason I am still looking at button is i have decided not to throw a driver under the bus for not overdriving a car incapable of winning.
    Me neither, but sadly it's looking like the Honda may be well off the pace again come Australia.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I was always either loving or hating MS. I will watch F1, but... I'll miss him a lot :cry:
    Formula 1

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTCC2
    With Michael Schumacher out of formula 1 for the first time in 16 years, who are you other MS fans going to be cheering for this season ?? Are you sticking with Ferrari ??

I myself will find it a lot harder to get up at 3/4 in the morning to watch some of the races knowing Michael won't be there. Although I am a dedicated F1 fan and will be cheering again for Ferrari in 2007. I hope Massa wins with Rakionen in 2nd.
    I am first and foremost a Ferrari fan, then a Schumi fan. I will be supporting Ferrari as usual and Massa will be my man for 2007 onwards.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I've always been a Ferrari fan and whilst I respect and am greatful for what Michael did for the team, I feel we have two very good drivers, capable of race and championship wins.

Of slightly more concern is the unknown abilities of various replacements for key figures within the team makeup, in particular the replacement for Ross Brawn, without whom I doubt we would have seen as much sucess as we have in recent years.

I will say that the new season is a very exciting prospect, with so many changes in so many teams
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja: