Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

Luca Rosetti's future

Rosetti has won all 3 IRC events he has driven so far. And also on gravel, that is not his favorite surface. That is impressive, and does he continue in this pace I am sure he will be picked up by a WRC team !

Agree ?

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    no....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    no....
    Unfortunately I have to agree/quote... of course it's a reason not really related to his skills (something that starts with "M" and finish with "oney").

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    It's too early to compare, but I think Kopecky will be the skill indicator between WRC and IRC this year.

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Like said, first you need to find money to do WRC rallies in a WRC cars. Then if you have good results maybe. Should there be more teams (or more cars/team) they might be on hunt for new talents. But now no.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    I remember him in Montecarlo a few years ago competing on WRC 206, he was doing quite well, before he had an off (if I remember well) I would love to see him on WRC again
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No doubt he is a real talent. But being one of the greats, I don't think so.

If you look at his driving in Turkey closely, you will notice his safe approach. Compare him to travaglia or Alén and You´ll notice the huge difference, and also you´ll be able to see where he is faster.

His driving is intelligent, very suitable to s2000. I see a lot of things he shares with Patrik Sandell, who it was clear since the beginning that he will be very competitive in s2000, and less so in wrc (even though he actually could grow to WR championship level).

They drive like from the rally driving school book, look at their smooth driving lines, their slow in fast out approach and their superior exit speeds from the corners front end pointing to the opening straight very early. Rossetti drives actually very similar on tarmac and gravel, which to me tells, there is still much to improve as the fundaments on those surfaces are really different.

School book exaple of his driving is seen in eurosport videos where there is to be seen exactly same special stage in car from alén's car and from Rossetti's car. Amazing difference.

Compare the point where Rossetti starts to accelerate to Alén's. Compare how sideways Alén is in to the corners and leaving them little tail happy and careless. Whereas Rossetti it really precise and clean. Compare where the leave the car to the opening straights, Rossetti uses the width of the road to 100% and accelerates opening the line to the maximum at the exact border of the road whereas Alén often leaves room to the outer corner leaving an opening corner. Big difference.

So he is good, really good, but with more powerful car, I would say Alén might be even faster, he puts the power pointing to the opening straight and all the four wheels pull the car to right direction. I would say the margins are wider with Alén. Or then it might be so that Rossetti is able to adapt to other driving styles with car's requirements, if it is so, then he might step to another level.

Talented he is, really talented!

Liked 409 Times in 273 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami
    No doubt he is a real talent. But being one of the greats, I don't think so.

If you look at his driving in Turkey closely, you will notice his safe approach. Compare him to travaglia or Alén and You´ll notice the huge difference, and also you´ll be able to see where he is faster.

His driving is intelligent, very suitable to s2000. I see a lot of things he shares with Patrik Sandell, who it was clear since the beginning that he will be very competitive in s2000, and less so in wrc (even though he actually could grow to WR championship level).

They drive like from the rally driving school book, look at their smooth driving lines, their slow in fast out approach and their superior exit speeds from the corners front end pointing to the opening straight very early. Rossetti drives actually very similar on tarmac and gravel, which to me tells, there is still much to improve as the fundaments on those surfaces are really different.

School book exaple of his driving is seen in eurosport videos where there is to be seen exactly same special stage in car from alén's car and from Rossetti's car. Amazing difference.

Compare the point where Rossetti starts to accelerate to Alén's. Compare how sideways Alén is in to the corners and leaving them little tail happy and careless. Whereas Rossetti it really precise and clean. Compare where the leave the car to the opening straights, Rossetti uses the width of the road to 100% and accelerates opening the line to the maximum at the exact border of the road whereas Alén often leaves room to the outer corner leaving an opening corner. Big difference.

So he is good, really good, but with more powerful car, I would say Alén might be even faster, he puts the power pointing to the opening straight and all the four wheels pull the car to right direction. I would say the margins are wider with Alén. Or then it might be so that Rossetti is able to adapt to other driving styles with car's requirements, if it is so, then he might step to another level.

Talented he is, really talented!
    I completely agree with your point of view. He doesn't take any risks, he always drives very strict lines, but end the end it seems to pay off. In Turkey he avoided flat tires and that was the key issue there. In Ypres last year he was certainly not the fastest guy around, but at the end his regularity payed off and he won, because he didn't make any mistakes and drove constantly. I think in WRC-type of car (with more power) he could be in a little bit of trouble with his driving style. But for S2000 car he certainly is one of the best. I think Alen's driving style is not so well suited for S2000, where you win time by driving clean lines, and use the available power and torque to the maximum. Rosetti stays a great driver though, with a bright future in front of him.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwbroe
    ... Rosetti stays a great driver though, with a bright future in front of him.
    That depends whether he gets the chance to drive a WRC or not
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 409 Times in 273 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    That depends whether he gets the chance to drive a WRC or not
    If indeed the WRC will become a S2000+, i think he has a good chance of being around.