Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricciardo

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts

Ricciardo

Haven't heard much about this youngster but today in testing he kicked butt and took names !! So if he didn't have a major car advantage they should probably consider moving him into a testing role this year at Red Bull or even driver at Toro!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    Haven't heard much about this youngster but today in testing he kicked butt and took names !! So if he didn't have a major car advantage they should probably consider moving him into a testing role this year at Red Bull or even driver at Toro!
    All these test do is indicate potential but going to F1 now is too soon. He has to learn about car set up - communisctaing with the engineers and hone his race craft steadily.

Next season he will move into FR3.5 and then into GP2 if all goes to plan. There is no rush.

Just as Hulkenberg turned down Ferrari this year to replace Massa so it is the correct decision for F3 champ Ricciardo to njoy his current fun, but move to F1 if and when the time is right.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Over a second clear of the field tells me he can fine-tune his set-up ability while he's employed.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised if STR dump one of their current drivers halfway through the year and shoehorn Ricciardo in.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm surprised an Australian didn't start this thread.

You guys are lagging!
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    Over a second clear of the field tells me he can fine-tune his set-up ability while he's employed.
    Lets not make these Jerez test days more than they are. There is a vast difference between teams doing different things at different times for different reasons.

Ricciardo has potential and that has been evident since his FR2.0 days - but there is a development process that should not be dismissed.

His turn will come in f1. A good example of good management? Nico Hulkenberg. How many drivers would have correctly resisted the temptation to jump into the Ferrari this year to replace Massa? Good man that Hulkenberg in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    I wouldn't be surprised if STR dump one of their current drivers halfway through the year and shoehorn Ricciardo in.
    That is the worst idea and Ricciardo should refuse any such solicitation. How can you recommend such an action when as you are aware that no testing outside of the simulator is allowed?

In days past when sense prevailed, a driver like Ricciardo could use his off weeks to test for a team during a season. And it was not unusual for teams to run drivers for an entire grand prix distance each time.

If you really want Ricciardo to succeed let him have his time in FR3.5 and maybe GP2. There really is no rush.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    How can you recommend such an action when as you are aware that no testing outside of the simulator is allowed?
    Are you suggesting I would recommend it?

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    I suspect such scenario as well, it would be very tostesque... though the problem for Ricciardo would be that he is the man, who is going to be dumped mid-2011.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    I'm surprised an Australian didn't start this thread.

You guys are lagging!
    There is no doubting that danny is a talented driver, and could be an F1 candidate of the future, but all of the current crop of rookies (except Kamui Kobayashi) have been, well, disappointing.

I think he needs a bit more experience first in more higher powered machines. I just hope he doesn't do a Davidson/patritzi and come home to the v8supercars.

Give him time, the boy will come good. Just when Webber is on the out (and i hope that day never comes )
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!