Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite9185
    IMO Newman haas was a midpack team once they came to Indycar. Infact I'd say DCR showed more promise last year than they did. Seems like Paul Newman was the one keeping that team going. Now he's gone, i can see them going the same way as Panther.
    On road courses DCR was right there with NHL last year but nowhere close on ovals. NHL was the only team (outside of KV mid season or so on) that could regularly challenge Ganassi and Penske on all course types as far as speed, there were right there with Graham week in and week out. They didn't always get the results at the end because of crashes or strategy but speed wise they were definately the best of the rest. We were talking last year on this forum that the the were the 3 in the big 3 instead of AGR.

As far as their downward fall since PN passed, yes I'm afraid it seems to be a rapid decline in terms of operation and sponsorship, performance likely to but we'll soon see.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Oh please, are you REALLY going to compare Graham to the princess or the golden boy? That has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have seen on this forum in a very long time.

Gary
    He has as many wins as Marco & Danica, is that not true?

Neither Marco or Danica have made the same mental mistake at turn 4 in the Indy 500 in back to back years.

I think Graham is very talented but if you look at his results, if his name were anything but Rahal there would not be anybody who would care if he were in a car. And in that, he is like Danica & Marco.
    Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gofastandwynn

Neither Marco or Danica have made the same mental mistake at turn 4 in the Indy 500 in back to back years.

I think Graham is very talented but if you look at his results, if his name were anything but Rahal there would not be anybody who would care if he were in a car. And in that, he is like Danica & Marco.

If you say so... I still think the comparison to the princess and the golden boy are ridiculous. Graham has show more talent, maturity and "stage presence" than the two of them put together.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One big difference between him and those 2 is that he runs at the front consistently. Very very rarely will you see Marco or Danica even in mid-pack these days on a road course and not much better on ovals. Marco seemed to have talent coming out of lights but apparently he lacks technical skill just like Danica. A factual reason AGR/AA is no longer an elite team. Graham on the other hand has been THE guy at NHL and they continuously improved throughout the course of that first year (which they should hardly be judged on) and of course last year. Mind you he didn't miss a single fast 6 last year on a road course. Yes, they all have 1 win amongst them but much like I illustrated in a NASCAR forum thread, look at the circumstances. Graham is notably touted as the young American with all the hope across all the boards, teams, engineers, reporters...you don't hear that about Marco and you DA$# sure don't hear it about Danica.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    One big difference between him and those 2 is that he runs at the front consistently. Very very rarely will you see Marco or Danica even in mid-pack these days on a road course and not much better on ovals. Marco seemed to have talent coming out of lights but apparently he lacks technical skill just like Danica. A factual reason AGR/AA is no longer an elite team. Graham on the other hand has been THE guy at NHL and they continuously improved throughout the course of that first year (which they should hardly be judged on) and of course last year. Mind you he didn't miss a single fast 6 last year on a road course. Yes, they all have 1 win amongst them but much like I illustrated in a NASCAR forum thread, look at the circumstances. Graham is notably touted as the young American with all the hope across all the boards, teams, engineers, reporters...you don't hear that about Marco and you DA$# sure don't hear it about Danica.
    The problem with what you say is, the stats just don't back it up. Graham had 4 finishes last year outside of the top 20 (by comparison Dario only had 2 finishes outside of the top 10) The only drivers who had more 20+ finishes were Mike Conway & EJ Viso. He had a lot of races where he qualified well (fyi he did miss the fast 6 at Long Beach) and raced (ironically for all of those Fast 6 qualifings he did not have a single top 6 finish on a RC last year) but had a lot where he was piss poor (Iowa, Texas, Homestead) and races where he was just dumb (Indy, Toronto).

Let me make myself clear, I think that Graham has more talent and is a better driver that Danica & Marco, but he has the same results as both of those 2 at this point and time, and unless he starts producing wins he is going to become the Joe Namath of indycar racing, a Danica.
    Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You are wrong Turn3, Danica runs at the front of the pack very consistently.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who knows if it means anything or not (but I am guessing, it has some meaning), Summerton will be at Sebring this weekend watching the goings on.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    You are wrong Turn3, Danica runs at the front of the pack very consistently.
    Obviously, as per as the results have shown. As usual, all I ask is that you back up your ludicrous claims with some stats. Go ahead, do some studying and by next October see if you can lay any claim of PROOF to you pipe dream of a claim.

Oh yeah, until then, I am right because that is what they stats have told me for 14 years with her. When you realize she isn't going to bear your children maybe you'll wake up.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The problem with what you say is, the stats just don't back it up. Graham had 4 finishes last year outside of the top 20 (by comparison Dario only had 2 finishes outside of the top 10) The only drivers who had more 20+ finishes were Mike Conway & EJ Viso. He had a lot of races where he qualified well (fyi he did miss the fast 6 at Long Beach) and raced (ironically for all of those Fast 6 qualifings he did not have a single top 6 finish on a RC last year) but had a lot where he was piss poor (Iowa, Texas, Homestead) and races where he was just dumb (Indy, Toronto).

Let me make myself clear, I think that Graham has more talent and is a better driver that Danica & Marco, but he has the same results as both of those 2 at this point and time, and unless he starts producing wins he is going to become the Joe Namath of indycar racing, a Danica.
    Fair enough GoFast...I just feel like if you look at the respective circumstancses, all things considered, Graham is far ahead of the level Marco and especially Danica have shown with more time in the Dallara. Stats don't lie but they certainly can be skewed on a short term basis. We can agree that Graham has the talent while the other 2 are still looking to substantiate it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Certainly not decent enough to commit to the two year deal Dale wanted. For those who are saying they have little sympathy for Graham because he didn't take Dale's offer. Don't forget it was a two year offer only. As much as I admire Dale for his efforts over the years, I can't blame Graham for not wanting to be locked in there for two years.

Gary
    I think that points out one reason there aren't many Americans in the series. Every driver wants the best deal, the best car, and the best team. But it seems to me that many of the foreign drivers take whatever they can find. They don't want to be left standing when the music stops. Their first goal is to be driving - anything, anywhere. Their career goal is to race. What happens after that is icing on the cake.

While I agree that Rahal needs to be in the series, being picky may just leave you standing, just like others like Buddy Rice. Waiting for the best deal seems to be the American way, but you may be left picking up crumbs. IMHO, too many have a goal of getting more icing before getting the cake.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true