Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nzrc 2010

Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    We are bringing two N3 Hondas from Japan to compete in the 2010 NZRC. As our driver of the second car doesn't have enough budget to do so, we are looking for a driver to run it in Round 2 (either the WRC Rally New Zealand or the piggy-backed Possum Bourne Memorial Rally).
    The would really suit a local crew who can assist us with servicing & logistics
    (plus a little money!).
    BTW, Round 2b (PBMR) is scheduled to be run over Day 2 of RNZ, though I have heard it may be possible for Rd 2b crews to actually 'compete' on the other days, too. Can anyone confirm how this would work? Entry fee?
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You can indeed compete in all 3 days of the event without running in the FIA event. Suggest you contact Paul at Rally NZ office and will supply you all the exact details.

Look forward to seeing you out here, if need any assistance feel free to ask.

Mal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Hokkaido
    We are bringing two N3 Hondas from Japan to compete in the 2010 NZRC. As our driver of the second car doesn't have enough budget to do so, we are looking for a driver to run it in Round 2 (either the WRC Rally New Zealand or the piggy-backed Possum Bourne Memorial Rally).
    The would really suit a local crew who can assist us with servicing & logistics
    (plus a little money!).
    I'm available to drive it, but fear Crunch won't co drive for me cos I may have baited him a bit hard now and then...shame really, it would have given us time to have a good chat about things....

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    I could have co-driven for you Stalks. I did a bit of that back in the 70's you know, and I'm much lighter than Crunch. But alas, I have an aversion to all things Honda and come out in a dreadful rash if I'm within 3 feet of one.

Rally Hokkaido, I presume that you've been in touch with the NZRC promoters and have checked out the eligibility of overseas participants?
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's very kind of you Bruce.
    I have done a bit of co-driving myself, so maybe I could drive and co-drive at the same time? After all, they are mostly just glory hunters anyway, and think of the weight, fuel and tyre savings!
    PS I have seen one of the Toyota's being built, in the flesh. It is good motivation to get back into the shed and get assembling....

Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Thanks for all the advice, everyone. I have been in touch with Paul at the RNZ Office, though not all the individual promoters, yet. And Bruce, I can bring out some cream for that rash of yours. I suffer from no such reaction from your brand of choice, having raced a Starlet over here for several seasons. Though I must confess I haven't driven any of the newer models that apparently require a unique type of heel and toe technique with the pedals....lol

Those interested in a drive of our second car, please PM or email me.
    Email address is: [email:3f8lg9km]tokachinter@gmail.com[/email:3f8lg9km]
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stalks, would have enjoyed the "chin-wag" in the car to solve all the problems of Rallying, I'm sure we could have done it it two days no problem!
    However I'm already commited to another year of NZRC (my 15th NZRC and 30th Rallying) with yet another very talented youngster...BUT I am being somewhat stilted by having to sit in a Sub!! Still as you get older you become more understanding of other people's preferences, unusual as they may be.
    I mean to say;....Bruce and early model Toyota Prius's , Comal and his hair regain potions, which is more unusual??

I am always available to talk to while at the event, best time probably is during recce.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do you have a team manager this year Crunch? Maybe I could do that....?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What you hunting for some glory Mr Stalks???
    Would be umm 'amusing' to see you and Crunch on the same team!

Perhaps if you spent more time in the shed instead of on here car would be finished? haha

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well not much happening in here. Sounds like will be a big field in NZRC this year according to the rumors, of course we will see at Otago. 40 across the classes?