Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    Trust me I am not against new teams at all. In fact I love a bigger grid. What I did not like and really don't like are the teams that have been selected and the way they came about getting their grid spots. I think there were more qualified applicants out there that would have been much better prepared to come in with a proper budget and outfit, but were forsaken for teams willing to be lacky's for Mosley's power games. What we are left with is 3 teams that all seem to struggle to get on the grid and all seem to lack funds thus compromising their progress.

So this to me is not the way to enter F1, desperate for funds, severely behind in development and handicapped from the start (as they were expecting some sort of power boost from having cosworths via mosleys proposed tier system which now won't pan out)
    Then we are fully in agreement

Of all the new teams the only one I think is quintessentially f1 and would have made it anyway if it had not been a Max arrangement, is Virgin-Cosworth.

They have a new concept car, they have the Manor team led by John Booth and they are sponsored by one of the real entrepreneurs around in the world today, Richard Branson.

I hope they do well.

That a Dave Richards team is not in f1 is a travesty. F1 is made for superb managers like him.

And on the American team - in an ideal world, Roger Penske would return....... ah well!!!
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    Then we are fully in agreement

Of all the new teams the only one I think is quintessentially f1 and would have made it anyway if it had not been a Max arrangement, is Virgin-Cosworth.

They have a new concept car, they have the Manor team led by John Booth and they are sponsored by one of the real entrepreneurs around in the world today, Richard Branson.

I hope they do well.

That a Dave Richards team is not in f1 is a travesty. F1 is made for superb managers like him.

And on the American team - in an ideal world, Roger Penske would return....... ah well!!!
    wow it is a new year

I agree with everything you said

well put
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    wow it is a new year

I agree with everything you said

well put
    OMG!! Thank you!

I am pleased to see that Petrov seems to be the Renault pick. He and Kubica are a good team - funny how the drivers are being teamed geographically this year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So looks like only ONE seat is really left open, presuming the Teixiera buy-in goes thru:

McLAREN: 1. Button, 2. Hamilton (Paffet) English Superteam
    MERCEDES: 3. Schumacher, 4. Rosberg (Heidfeld) German Superteam
    RED BULL: 5. Vettel, 6. Webber (Ricciardo)
    FERRARI: 7. Massa, 8. Alonso (Fisichella) Latin Superteam
    WILLIAMS: 9. Barrichello, 10. Hulkenberg (Soucek?)
    RENAULT: 11. Kubica, 12. Petrov (Tung) Slavic Superteam
    FORCE INDIA: 14. Sutil, 15. Liuzzi (di Resta)
    TORO ROSSO: 16. Buemi, 17. Alguersuari (Hartley)
    LOTUS: 18. Trulli, 19. Kovalainen (Fauzy)
    CAMPOS: 20. Carroll, 21. Senna (Soucek may get the seat depending on the buy-in?)
    USF1: 22. ????? Klien? Sato? Rossiter? 23. Lopez
    VIRGIN: 24. Glock, 25. Di Grassi (Parente)
    SAUBER: 26. Kobayashi, 27. de la Rosa (???)

Could be Maria de Villota to Campos?!!! Poor Bruno Senna

I thought Lopez was a reach.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well with Petrov finally confirmed at Renault, officially only 2 seats remain
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzlaF1
    Well with Petrov finally confirmed at Renault, officially only 2 seats remain
    Yes, and while we have a pretty strong lead/rumor regarding Adam Carroll in the Campos, are there ANY really strong rumors out there regarding the second WTF1 seat? Or is Rossiter the best rumor we can come up with until now? :

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    Yes, and while we have a pretty strong lead/rumor regarding Adam Carroll in the Campos, are there ANY really strong rumors out there regarding the second WTF1 seat? Or is Rossiter the best rumor we can come up with until now? :
    Well id say its one of Rossiter, Villeneuve and Sato.

But it depends on who brings the most reddies really
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzlaF1
    Well id say its one of Rossiter, Villeneuve and Sato.

But it depends on who brings the most reddies really
    You have to say that Heidfeld is probably trying to get that drive as well. In terms of driving he's the best candidate but does he bring the backing with him that a team like that needs?

Sato probably would however. Rossiter, don't want to piss on him before he's had a go, but he wasn't very good when he tested for Honda a couple of years ago.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I'm pretty sure Heidfeld won't join a new team. He turned down Lotus back in December. It is all about Mercedes or nothing (well, maybe with the exception of Renault) for him.

I have a suspicion that second USF1 driver is again going to be someone pretty much from nowhere - Rossiter would fit that criteria well. All more famous drivers - like Villeneuve/Sato/etc - have never seriously been linked to USF1, even if F1 fans and media like to talk about them.