Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Byeeeeee

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I am very supportive of Pino. I do know he takes on far more than moderating the sometimes nasty F1 forum.
    As a suggestion, and only a suggestion, would Pino, probably in conjunction with Mark and a couple of other moderators from other areas (Starter?) consider reviewing the posts that resulted in the bans? Actually review the whole thread.
    Now with a little cooling off period by everyone things might appear different.
    I know that would be a very time consuming exercise for all concerned.
    It might result in somes bans being lifted or it might result in additional ones!
    I am only making a suggestion to possibly result in a less hostile enviroment as people will feel there is a peer review of contraversial rulings.
    Again I support Pino and if we, for whatever reason lost him, this Forum would be the far worse for it.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    ..............the result of the review to be announced after Abu Dhabi. I think that is a great idea.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    ..............the result of the review to be announced after Abu Dhabi. I think that is a great idea.
    As I've said before, the bans will be lifted after the Abu Dhabi GP. It will not be revisited before then!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    How the heck am I still here?
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LazySunbather
    Hello all

I apologise for using an old log-in (which I set-up some years ago after problems with my existing log-in) but I couldn’t resist signing in after seeing Knockie’s post. I feel the same way as him about this situation. I have been banned for absolutely no reason at all, as far as I can see. All I did in the thread in question was to draw attention to the way it was once again being dragged off topic, in the same way that Arrows and others have both on here and in the thread.

I fully sympathise with the hassle Pino has to put up with, but I feel it would’ve been courteous to give a warning or at least a reason for the banning, via PM or email. As it is I have received nothing and have no right to reply.

Ultimately, the banning seems to have worked as the F1 forum looks to be a much more pleasant place. I only fear that you’ve thrown several babies out with a small amount of bathwater.

Regards

BBB
    I sympathize with both you and Knock-On, BBB. It was lazy moderation to just ban everybody rather than pick out the real culprits. We were also told by pino that what happened stays between the moderators and the members and he will only speak to them, however clearly pino didn't bother to PM/email you - so this was a bit of a white lie from him.

Anyway this has been done to death now. I personally am not going to retire from the forum on the basis of one moderator but I am bleeding well not happy.
    Niente č vero, tutto č permesso

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    How the heck am I still here?
    Send me a PM and I will try to find a happier place for you.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    I sympathize with both you and Knock-On, BBB. It was lazy moderation to just ban everybody rather than pick out the real culprits. We were also told by pino that what happened stays between the moderators and the members and he will only speak to them, however clearly pino didn't bother to PM/email you - so this was a bit of a white lie from him.

Anyway this has been done to death now. I personally am not going to retire from the forum on the basis of one moderator but I am bleeding well not happy.
    Slag the moderators or me off as much as you like, but calling anyone a liar isn't acceptable!

Admin
    Oh btw, yes there was a problem with banned members not being able to use the PM system. That one was my fault. I'd told pino I'd fixed it so banned members could use PM's but neglected to say what usergroup that applied to. In it's widsom the forum persmissions system has about 50 usergroups relating to bans!

I've now moved the Brawn Six into a different usergroup