Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question What About Honda

Am I alone here or is there a kind of silence from the Honda Team?
    In the last few years they were pretty much on the head lines every winter with what ever news and predictions. Now I feel like they are not even there.
    I hope this is something good and it will turn out to be a better year if not one of the best.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Winter testing can never be fully believed but there have been little indications that Honda have anything special for this season. At very best they look like being 5th or 6th quickest behind Ferrari, BMW, McLaren, Renault (not in that order) fighting with the likes of RBR, Williams and Toyota.

The team still seem to be making the normal noises claiming they are quicker than Renault but not quite on the pace of the top two teams, but the car looks por out on track - lacking any balance.

Perhaps they have some bits to put on before Aus but then so do all the other teams - doesn't look like being a classic season.

Sonic
    Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    You would have thought that the lack of bravado coming from Honda would be a good sign, indicating quiet confidence. However, one suspects that the reason for the silence is that there is very little optimism to report. I would expect Honda to be in a no-mans land behind McLaren/Ferrari/Renault/BMW, but just ahead of Toyota/Williams/Red Bull.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Honda will either shine this year or get the broom.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    If F1 history is any guide, Honda will probably never reach the top. Most of the wins and all of the championships for the last 20+ years have gone to Ferrari, McLaren, Williams and Renault. Renault have ousted Williams from the Big Three and others, such as Jordan in '99, have flirted with the top but failed to actually get there.

But think about it. Who has replaced Lotus, Brabham and Tyrell in the championship contenders stakes? Only Benetton/Renault has managed to wrest the title from the Red-Grey-Blue trimumvirate. You have to go back to 1962 and Graham Hill's win in the BRM to find a title winner from a team other than those I mentioned. That's Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Benetton/Renault, Lotus, Brabham and Tyrrell winning every title for the last 45 years.

Brabham, Lotus and Tyrrell are gone and nobody has replaced them at the front of the grid. Honda, BMW, Toyota and Red Bull have the weight of history against them if they are to win a championship.

One hand on the trophy is red, one is grey and the other is a technicolour yawn. I don't think there is room for anybody else. At least not yet.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    well I will go with highly unlikely but not impossible
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Honda seem in trouble... this makes me even more happier for Jenson's win in Hungary - he got the chance he had.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can’t be so negative about them. I’m trying to make a different picture in my head. They learned form the past and not making that huge publicity about there works.
    Lets face it, it can’t be worst then it has been. They made good impression in testing then no results in races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Their ongoing problem has been developing the car throughout the season, if they can sort that out then a bad start won't be so problematic for them.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    If F1 history is any guide, Honda will probably never reach the top. Most of the wins and all of the championships for the last 20+ years have gone to Ferrari, McLaren, Williams and Renault. Renault have ousted Williams from the Big Three and others, such as Jordan in '99, have flirted with the top but failed to actually get there.

But think about it. Who has replaced Lotus, Brabham and Tyrell in the championship contenders stakes? Only Benetton/Renault has managed to wrest the title from the Red-Grey-Blue trimumvirate. You have to go back to 1962 and Graham Hill's win in the BRM to find a title winner from a team other than those I mentioned. That's Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Benetton/Renault, Lotus, Brabham and Tyrrell winning every title for the last 45 years.

Brabham, Lotus and Tyrrell are gone and nobody has replaced them at the front of the grid. Honda, BMW, Toyota and Red Bull have the weight of history against them if they are to win a championship.

One hand on the trophy is red, one is grey and the other is a technicolour yawn. I don't think there is room for anybody else. At least not yet.
    Hawkmoon, your history is a bit off. There was this fellow named John Young Stewart, who won in 1969 (Matra - Tyrell was only an entrant then). And Tyrell was actually a come-and-gone contender whose days as a serious contender didn't outlast Sir Jackie.

The real end of the era of new, strong teams was the end of the Cosworth Ford as a serious contender in 1982. Before then, teams like Tyrell and Williams could get a start with a reasonable engine at a reasonable price. Now it takes the GDP of a mid-sized developed nation to launch a mid-field team. Benetton was a bit of a fluke in this area, but they had scads of money and, like Tyrrell, managed to get ahold of the best driver of the time at a critical moment for the team.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens