Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jonte
    What is the tecnique to do a flick in a 4WD (old gearbox)?
    Basic technique is the same with H-pattern box and these bike boxes,which they use in factory teams in wrc.The big difference is that in these secuental(bike,semi auto,what ever you want to call them) you can't skip gears.So while doing flick you also have to change gears down while braking and steering.This takes a lot of brain power away(this is one of biggest reasons why drivers stall engine all time,small flywheel does not help either)because you have to calculate which gear I am now. But perhaps the biggest diffence is that if you do agressive flick then where is danger,spinning 4wd car.To stop spinning you have to put full throttle on because then front wheels pull yout from spinning.But if this point you are canging gear down as you have to do in these laptop engineers's boxes.you do not have power available. In h-pattern it's dead easy.In typical rally you have to change from top gear to second 3 times a km. So in H-pattern you enter the corner with top gear concentrating lines,surface,brakes,steering and looking if any good looking girls around and then in the last moment change down straight to secong gear.Easy. What ever you win in up change(it's not much) you loose much more entering corners. Do I make any sense here?
    leftfootbraking.com
    brake to steer
    where there is a shark, there is a finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm no expert on rallying, but it seems to me that Gronholm has a more aggressive and less precise driving style compared to Loeb; entering corners at high speed and going sideways through the corner as much as possible.

Gronholm's style seems to work well on gravel and snow but not so much on tarmac, while Loeb's surgical driving is almost perfect for tarmac and also works well on gravel and snow.
    In anticipation of the next corner...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imull
    you put a car sideways and you will stop quicker than under brakes especially in snow as it builds up a pile infront of the wheels..........
    You should know imull..............

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pentti
    So in H-pattern you enter the corner with top gear concentrating lines,surface,brakes,steering and looking if any good looking girls around and then in the last moment change down straight to secong gear.Easy. What ever you win in up change(it's not much) you loose much more entering corners. Do I make any sense here?
    hehe, i do this on first dates to see what their reaction is when i point the car the other direction of the corner and suddenly go into the turn and from 4/5th (depending on the turn) to 2nd...... well, there is no sliding around with my car but these bilstein i've got on my mk3 golf definitely improved my grip.... and the number of first dates, as well as the number of friends who do not want to ride in my car anymore! anyway, makes perfect sense to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Fischer
    I'm no expert on rallying, but it seems to me that Gronholm has a more aggressive and less precise driving style compared to Loeb
    i have noticed a bit of a difference between the 2002 goldengronholm season where he was so f'n precise and to the millimeter. i mean, he is still really precise but it seems that there is something different. maybe he needs more agressive driving, or due to a slightly heavier and longer car.... maybe someone can pull out their videotapes from 02 and compare them to 06/07??
    I am Yahya the Infinite. <-search it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So in H-pattern you enter the corner with top gear concentrating lines,surface,brakes,steering and looking if any good looking girls around and then in the last moment change down straight to secong gear.Easy. What ever you win in up change(it's not much) you loose much more entering corners. Do I make any sense here?
    hehe, i do this (not the looking for other girls) on first dates to see what their reaction is when i point the car the other direction of the corner and suddenly go into the turn and from 4/5th (depending on the turn) to 2nd...... well, there is no sliding around with my car but these bilstein i've got on my mk3 golf definitely improved my grip.... and the number of first dates, as well as the number of friends who do not want to ride in my car anymore! anyway, makes perfect sense to me!
    I am Yahya the Infinite. <-search it

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    In Sweden's PWRC review, Andreas Aigner said that GpN cars have standard gearboxes, is it true? I haven't seen the footwork of GpN drivers but do they use clutch when downshifting?
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Imprezas use VO dog boxes if that's any help.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Basic technique is the same with H-pattern box and these bike boxes,which they use in factory teams in wrc.The big difference is that in these secuental(bike,semi auto,what ever you want to call them) you can't skip gears.So while doing flick you also have to change gears down while braking and steering.
    So in a wrc car i can't approach a corner in let's say top gear, brake to a proper speed and just before accelerating click the paddle two-three times in a row to get the right gear for exiting the corner?

Do i have to constantly downshift during braking to keep the car from stalling?

So in H-pattern you enter the corner with top gear concentrating lines,surface,brakes,steering and looking if any good looking girls around and then in the last moment change down straight to secong gear.
    Isn't this also because while braking it's too difficult to downshift one gear at a time in a H-pattern.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ....... So in H-pattern you enter the corner with top gear concentrating lines,surface,brakes,steering and looking if any good looking girls around .......
    Just class Pentti!!!

WT
    Winner 2012 F1 Fantasy Racers at fantasyracers.com. Winner 2013 FGP.

Never stop believing...

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    In Sweden's PWRC review, Andreas Aigner said that GpN cars have standard gearboxes, is it true? I haven't seen the footwork of GpN drivers but do they use clutch when downshifting?

No, since 2004 or 2005 Grp N cars can use geaboxes that don't require clutch to gear change. They cant' use sequential gearboxes.
    Three gears are enough!