Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluaistean
    Watching that Homestead debacle makes me cry. Champcar, please come back.
    OH MAN!! do you need a drink or what?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    I think the way that Sarah, her husband, and her father-in-law have run the team, that they would have taken everything into consideration before making this deal happen.

This deal might allow them to bring a couple more people on board, which if I'm not mistaken, would add to the 9 full-time employees they actually have. If bringing on the second car allows them to up the average knowledge they have in their work force, I think it's a very good idea.
    i think it will allow them to hire some folks but i doubt it will be a full time deal for them. i've been knocking on their door for awhile now and they aren't budging. we'll see what happens i guess.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by penske15
    OH MAN!! do you need a drink or what?!
    Why would I need a drink. watching these parades imitating racing and drivers unable to race on a road course because they can't is a sham.

That's why I wish that Champcar would stil be here.
    Derek Daly is da man!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why would I need a drink. watching these parades imitating racing and drivers unable to race on a road course because they can't is a sham.

That's why I wish that Champcar would stil be here.
    Yes, I realize we can't go back in time - but what really drew me to CART in the 80s/90s was that there were plenty of drivers who were darn good racers on road courses AND ovals.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ykiki
    Yes, I realize we can't go back in time - but what really drew me to CART in the 80s/90s was that there were plenty of drivers who were darn good racers on road courses AND ovals.
    Well, I think we'll start to see more American's who are good on both ovals and road courses. Now that Star Mazda is beginning to run some ovals, it will help bring up good road racing American's, who will also have experience with ovals instead of having to learn ovals in the FIL series.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Right now the irl is a poor imitation of what the irl was only a few years ago. Champ car with the new car had the makings of a excellent series. The merging of the two series has not produced more fans or better racing.

Your right about not being able to go back, but the series right now is in a great deal of trouble whether anyone here wants to admit it. The tv contract is not working now matter how hard anyone tries to spin it.

The series is dominated by two teams with money and that is not about to change. As long as there is the same old dallara chassis your going to get the same two teams winning, ask Robin Miller.

The question everyone should be asking is, how many teams or fans will be left by the time the new engines and chassis come around. Better yet will the teams left be able to afford the new cars.

The damage that tony has done cannot be fixed quickly and the future of openwheel racing right now looks pretty bleak. Time for a complete overhaul.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Another thread turned into an IRL vs CART/ChampCar debate.

So old, so boring. Let's talk about the teams, drivers, etc.

Ok blast away at me now.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    Another thread turned into an IRL vs CART/ChampCar debate.

So old, so boring. Let's talk about the teams, drivers, etc.

Ok blast away at me now.
    The only suggestion I see of an IRL/Champ Car debate is yours. There is little doubt our beloved racing is in trouble, big trouble. To suggest a model more similiar to where Champ Car was headed, or more accurately all of our dreams of where CART was is completely legitimate. We all know it isn't going to happen but that doesn't mean sit back and deal with the pathetic series we have now does it? And if you're trying to start an IRL/Champ Car string within this thread, maybe consider that the IRL has basically copied everything that embodied the past series' (plural)...see next years schedule and probably driver entrants. Champ Car was absolutely on the right track with the new car, and that is what the IRL needs desparately along with another 1 or 2 engine manufacturers. Champ Car tried a TV package on Spike, it failed miserably much like the viewership on Versus (although coverage was excellent). Kevin Kalkoven has strongly suggested to learn from the mistakes Champ Car made in that area and it has fallen on deaf ears. The bottom line is that it isn't a war discussion, it is a discussion of how we all hope our racing is saved, before it is too late. You seriously need a life for trying to make more of this portion of the thread than its intent.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Champcar, please come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ykiki
    ...but what really drew me to CART in the 80s/90s was ...
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritone
    ...Champ car with the new car had the makings of a excellent series. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    Another thread turned into an IRL vs CART/ChampCar debate. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    The only suggestion I see of an IRL/Champ Car debate is yours. ...
    Don't you think that is just a tad bit disingenuous given the other quotes above?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Don't you think that is just a tad bit disingenuous given the other quotes above?

Gary
    No Gary he's technically right. There was no debate in the quotes you posted. Only bashing of the IRL and lauding of the old CART/Champcar. Everyone seemed to be in agreement that CART/Champcar were the best series ever. The IRL never entered into the discussion until I brought it up.

So shame on me for that one I suppose.

It's just getting really old. This thread was supposed to be about "Team scuttlebutt", that is if you go by the title. And so far there hasn't been much posted on what the teams are doing, only moaning about the "glory days".
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken