Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Penske and Will Power plans for 2010

In the same story about Sarah's announcments this morning Curt had this pair of tidbits:
    Fernandez Racing, which at its zenith employed 52 people for two IndyCar and one American Le Mans Series program, will participate in its final race this weekend as the ALMS concludes its season in Monterey, Calif.
    The team will release the last of its 19 employees Oct. 31 because of a lack of sponsorship. The shop, owned by team co-owner Tom Anderson and his wife, Cheryl, will be leased "with or without the equipment."

"We shook the trees pretty hard for eight months, but we haven't sold anything," Anderson said.

The season-ending Grand Am Series race in Homestead also could have a farewell as Penske Racing is expected to convert its sports car program to an IndyCar operation for Will Power.
    Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for spotting that. Good news for Will Power, bad news for a thinning ALMS field...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Cavin said something to the effect that Penske will have 3 cars for next season. Looks like the GrandAm crew will head over to the IndyCar side. I'm sure Bernhard and Dumas will find rides in other sports cars, they're both very fast and experienced. hate to see it dissolve, but I love seeing my favorite driver get a full time ride with a class organization. The is the first time I ever rooted for the Captain

Question is: Will Verizon come over to IndyCar??
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champcarray
    Thanks for spotting that. Good news for Will Power, bad news for a thinning ALMS field...
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, it is Penske's Grand Am operation as he left ALMS last year to run Grand Am this year. Sounds like ALMS is hurting for teams but Penske's conversion won't affect them.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, it is Penske's Grand Am operation as he left ALMS last year to run Grand Am this year. Sounds like ALMS is hurting for teams but Penske's conversion won't affect them.
    The first post also refers to Adrian Fernandez' team closing shop in the ALMS.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RP's GrandAm crew is experienced in IndyCar too, since they were Will's pit crew this year. I am so happy Will will be running in 2010. I had faith in the Captain - Will is wayyyyy too good to let go!

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Dag

Bad news for ALMS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thats great news to have another very competitive car on the street/road courses. Hopefully he can get his act together on the ovals now.
    Go the ALL BLACKS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    great decision by Rodger,

i think Will has a great future in indycar
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by champcarray
    Thinning?
    You don't follow the ALMS do you? They just added The Drayson/Aston Martin and Jaguar teams.
    The Formula LeMans Class will add at least 5 more cars.