Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veeten
    Besides, didn't Michael Schumacher once tried to do a test drive awhile back, during the off time at the first USGP at Indy. It didn't go well, as he didn't get to actually drive the car.
    No, Michael Schumacher didn't try to do a test in a stock car. While traveling across the US on a motorcycle he stopped at the Texas Motor Speedway where they had one of those "Richard Petty Driving Experiences" going on. He stood in line to take his turn with everyone else. He got tired of waiting and decided to go on his way.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    . . . . . and a governing body that's a dictatorship and treats the drivers like well paid gladiators, etc. etc. etc
    I watch as much, if not more, F1 than I do NASCAR. Don't try to make out like F1 is some kind of a benevolent organization. Especially after the last couple of years.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm seeing a lot of Trulli hate here.

Strange how someone 'not good enough for F1' in the opinions of some members here, finished second at possibly the hardest track for drivers, beating the current World Champion in the process...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    It's a good thing that JT couldn't give a r@t's @$$ @bout what is said on our forum
    :rotflmao: :roll::rotflmao: :roll::rotflmao:

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    Unfortunately Jarno's stock has taken a serious hit this year and Toyota's inconsistencies haven't helped his case. Age isn't on his side either - it's in the human nature of casual F1 fans wanting to see "new exciting stars and fresh blood" instead of those, who they have seen for many-many years. I mean I can remember voices calling for the retirement of JT/GF/RB already from around 2006/2007, but hey - they are still there. :

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Maybe they would like to race in Nascar because it is more exciting and more challenging. That is if they can make it. So far only JPM has proven himself to be competitive.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Unfortunately Jarno's stock has taken a serious hit this year and Toyota's inconsistencies haven't helped his case. Age isn't on his side either - it's in the human nature of casual F1 fans wanting to see "new exciting stars and fresh blood" instead of those, who they have seen for many-many years. I mean I can remember voices calling for the retirement of JT/GF/RB already from around 2006/2007, but hey - they are still there. :
    Jarno's had a pretty good year I don't see how his stock could have gone down.

Maybe inside his own team where they make an inconsistent car and then expect their drivers to be on the podium every race.

Glock likewise has done absolutely nothing wrong and he too is in danger of losing his job.

Toyota need to take a serious look at themselves. Yes the car is good, at some circuits. It is not the drivers' fault that the car seems to work sporadically.

Trulli especially has raced extremely well this year IMO.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it's time for JT to look at a move. He has achieved all he will in F1 and personally a new challenge might be good for him.

He's been a solid driver and deserves some respect for his time in F1.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jarno Trulli to Lotus in 2010.......trust me, you heard it here first!
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    I think it's time for JT to look at a move. He has achieved all he will in F1 and personally a new challenge might be good for him.

He's been a solid driver and deserves some respect for his time in F1.
    Jarno may not agree that he has achieved all he will in F1 I think a few drivers whose careers have plateaued will have looked at Button this season and thought that could be them.