Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rio/Brazil race still on?

It's all in Portuguese, but according to my google translator it says roughly "We were interested in having the IndyCar race, but now that we have the Olympics we realize that the IRL race would be too expensive to have. With the Olympics, Soccer, and some other stuff, they're not longer interested in having an IRL event next year. And we will instead use the money to building a new racetrack."

http://www.blogdaindy.com/2009/10/ri...a-disputa.html

I'm not sure if this means the IRL will be looking to find another track in Brazil, or if the event is now off. I read somewhere that they were hoping to announce the event location at Homestead this weekend. It seemed like Rio would have been the most exciting location though.

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    I don't know about the credibility or reliability of that article but I thought that the proposed IRL race for 2010 had nothing to do with Rio and that it is going to be held on a street circuit in Ribeirao Preto (which Helio Castroneves' home town). So I don't see how the successful Olympic bid would affect the IRL race unless the IRL race had significant government backing which has now been diverted into the 2016 Olympic project.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this race is DOA....Toronto will be the next to go
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't see Toronto going anywhere. Where are you getting that impression from? Maybe Edmonton (unfortunately) with the airport situation.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    I don't see Toronto going anywhere. Where are you getting that impression from? Maybe Edmonton (unfortunately) with the airport situation.

edmonton is good to go.... city council is sold on the 'economical impact'....and the airport situation was addressed a couple weeks ago.... it's a go for 2010

Toronto?....mark my words, different story.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    edmonton is good to go.... city council is sold on the 'economical impact'....and the airport situation was addressed a couple weeks ago.... it's a go for 2010

Toronto?....mark my words, different story.....
    Please substantiate if possible? If it is just a hunch or whatever then please just say so...Don't be an Eagle Eye wanna be LOL!!
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Please substantiate if possible? If it is just a hunch or whatever then please just say so...Don't be an Eagle Eye wanna be LOL!!
    This year the Toronto council paid for the losses the Grand Prix made. Some people think that this arrangement only lasted this one year. No subsidy means no Grand Prix.
    I have no idea if there is any truth in this.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    T3.... Pure speculation on my part

but L is correct.... City coomitted to cover in any losses .... But the event was a pale comparison of what it once was .... No way the city could have been happy with effort AGR put in.....

Perhaps now that there has been a split between the racing team and pro otional arm the greens will able to sell another year .....

But I'm betting this race gets canceled.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That would never happen.

He would have to be right about something to even come close. That, and maybe actually talk to someone in person about things that are going on.

Danica deal with AGR has not been signed, as of today, despite Ken's post...and the reason it has not been signed yet? Since most of you can not handle truths, I'll keep it to myself.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    He would have to be right about something to even come close. That, and maybe actually talk to someone in person about things that are going on.

Danica deal with AGR has not been signed, as of today, despite Ken's post...and the reason it has not been signed yet? Since most of you can not handle truths, I'll keep it to myself.
    are you suggesting that Toronto isn't 'Iffy' at this point?