Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: dani sordo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There is supposed to be some announcement about Mini WRC program at Geneva Show at the start of March.

There were some people from Mini with David Richards and David Lapworth in Sweden last week.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wouldnt be suprised if Mini employed a German driver.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwalker
    I agree with you Tomi unfortunately it ain't gonna happen.

this is a bit OT so sorry for that but:

AS far as media (and major sponsors) is concerned there are
    only two sports that matters football and icehockey.

The biggest news papers like Expressen, Aftonbladet and DN are also very
    Stockholm orientated/focused and rarely cares about Football, hockey and Stockholm sport except for Olympic games.

Motorsport is generally not intresting for media and sponsors despite that various forms of motorsports is quite poular among the Swedes.

Rallying is often/sometimes seen as a noisy and polluting "peasant sport" not appropriate for "fine people from the city".

Sure its a slight exaggeration but still its the way it is.

Like they city in which i live. They rather spend €1'500'000 on a new turf for the Division 2 (4th highest division) football teams
    then supporting the two elite teams that we had (only remaining, the Speedway team went bankrupt and had to fold so only the handball team exists now) and
    a few months ago i read that the city wants to support the Divison 2 football team with even more money.
    Yes I know, but im sure nobody has showed any potential sponsor a solid plan, how to marketing their products internationally thruh rally, a samekind of pool that Bosse did have when he tryed to find a seat im sure would work also in Sweden.
    The companies that sponsor dont have to be Swedish either, Finnish drivers most sponsors are not Finnish either, all that is needed is 5-10 dedicated people from different branches who are willing to work unselfish really.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZequeArgentina
    For me Dani is one of the best drivers.
    If Loeb retires, it will happens as with Hirvonen when Gronholm stoped, all the team focus in him, he will get the little bit he is lacking for wining and being WDC.

How many wins did Hirvonen had by then? just, in Australia 2006 and Norway 2007. and he had been racing with worksfocus since 2003, and des anyone have critics over Mikko capabilities?
    Sorry, but don't agree.
    2003 - some rallies in an old Focus
    2004 - not with Ford
    2005 - just a few rallies as a privateer and only one works appearance.
    2006 - actually FIRST season with Ford as a 2nd driver and FIRST victory.
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZequeArgentina
    For me Dani is one of the best drivers.
    If Loeb retires, it will happens as with Hirvonen when Gronholm stoped, all the team focus in him, he will get the little bit he is lacking for wining and being WDC.

How many wins did Hirvonen had by then? just, in Australia 2006 and Norway 2007. and he had been racing with worksfocus since 2003, and des anyone have critics over Mikko capabilities?
    For me Sordo will be an eternal lucky looser like Barrichello in F1... even worst after years and years he didn't win a single race.....

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    After last week-end it is clear Ogier is a serious cloud over Sordo's sky. He never reached a bit of confidence and Ogier demonstrated to be in control all the time. Probably Sordo's star started to turn-off. In addition Ogier is a French in an all French team..............

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fide
    After last week-end it is clear Ogier is a serious cloud over Sordo's sky. He never reached a bit of confidence and Ogier demonstrated to be in control all the time. Probably Sordo's star started to turn-off. In addition Ogier is a French in an all French team..............
    Spain is an important market for Citroen. Sordo won't be gone anytime soon
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fide
    For me Sordo will be an eternal lucky looser like Barrichello in F1... even worst after years and years he didn't win a single race.....
    Same here. Poor Dani, it seems that he will never make it to the top, because I can also see Ogier breathing behind his back now. For sure there will be pressure for the rest of the season for him to start scoring.
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i dont find it particularly unlikely that it is Loeb that we'll be the one that moves.
    If Loeb wins his 7th title i think he will do something else especially with the new s2k cars.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Once again Quesnel seem harsh on his comment about Dani mistake. Dani will probably be kept at Citroen, but if he is going to be 2nd driver to Ogier, then I would rather he look for a drive elsewhere.