Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dear Nelson Jr.,

You need to be aware that if you break the faith and the trust of your comrades and co-conspirators and rat them out on this side of the pond, regardless of immunity, you're gonna get your ass whupped in the parking lot. When you recover, you're gonna get your ass whupped in the parking lot. NASCAR races at a lot of tracks and they all have parking lots.

It may seem barbaric and uncouth but that's the way we are.

-Fiero
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nelson shouldnt pass up the irl

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    How would one define "high-profile" driver and why is Piquet compared to Fittipaldi? Unfair to Christian IMO. They are very different - Piquet got a chance in a top team (well, almost), but didn't deliver. Fittipaldi belongs to the category of those drivers, who showed well in uncompetitive cars, but never got a proper chance.
    he drove for the best team In CART and never once showed any signs of being anything more than a field filler. Just like he was in f1, and was in NASCAR. Piquet Jr. will be the same if he is lucky....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Piquet Jr. was cruzing the IRL paddock at homestead today.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Piquet Jr. was cruzing the IRL paddock at homestead today.
    The man needs a job....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    The man needs a job....
    Nobody is offering.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    The man needs a job....
    ...to pay his body gaurds mokin:
    :rotflmao: :roll::rotflmao: :roll::rotflmao:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You guys are unfair really... Just jokes and nothing of value to add.

Jr. was pretty quick at Le Mans paired with Brabs in a factory supported DBR9 (2006). He's shown flashes in F1, the last two Renaults have been rubbish, Alonso "willed" them to the front and to victory in 2008.

Christian wasn't as quick as Andretti overall and yes he was with the best team in CART. But wasn't ultimately able to keep his ride. He then joined a struggling Petty outfit that has trouble finishing higher than 20th usually.

Then get got booted from the AGR Acura LMP2 car, along with Herta less than 4 races in of a 10 race season (2008)

I think Nelson has at least a career in Sportscars if he wants it. Colin Brawn has done fairly well in the Truck series.

I can understand his desire to get into Cup; name another series that pays as well at Cup does currently? Jimmy Johnson's take home was more than IRL, ALMS and Grand Am purses combined. Plus in NASCAR you might get taken under the wing of one of the OEM's. He's testing with a Toyota team and like any team they want to keep fresh talent around. Also he's still very young by auto racing standards, baring any injuries he can drive for another 20+ years competitively.

What I don't understand is the outcry of fans, you wish you would see this much uproar over what your governments do...

He was asked to do something to keep his job. F1 is a sweet gig if you can get it, it pays highly (even the bad teams pay well), why do you think Sato and Davidson wants back in?

The silly season hasn't started in earnest yet, so don't bet against some IRL owner taking a flyer on him. On top of that, if De Ferran runs a 2 car team in IRL, printed several times that he's committed to fielding an entry in the ALMS in 2010 and beyond. Not to mention there will be at least one GT2 seat in the ALMS. Also USF1 could sign him.

There's lots of possibilities and all he did was do what he was told. I'm amazed by what so many of you do to keep your job and not make any waves. Especially Americans on this board, if your not getting a living wage from your employer going along with; that is just as bad as Piquet Jr doing what he did.
    Check Out My Motorsport Blog - http://pfmotorsports.blogspot.com/

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj4monie
    You guys are unfair really... Just jokes and nothing of value to add.

Jr. was pretty quick at Le Mans paired with Brabs in a factory supported DBR9 (2006). He's shown flashes in F1, the last two Renaults have been rubbish, Alonso "willed" them to the front and to victory in 2008.

Christian wasn't as quick as Andretti overall and yes he was with the best team in CART. But wasn't ultimately able to keep his ride. He then joined a struggling Petty outfit that has trouble finishing higher than 20th usually.

Then get got booted from the AGR Acura LMP2 car, along with Herta less than 4 races in of a 10 race season (2008)

I think Nelson has at least a career in Sportscars if he wants it. Colin Brawn has done fairly well in the Truck series.

I can understand his desire to get into Cup; name another series that pays as well at Cup does currently? Jimmy Johnson's take home was more than IRL, ALMS and Grand Am purses combined. Plus in NASCAR you might get taken under the wing of one of the OEM's. He's testing with a Toyota team and like any team they want to keep fresh talent around. Also he's still very young by auto racing standards, baring any injuries he can drive for another 20+ years competitively.

What I don't understand is the outcry of fans, you wish you would see this much uproar over what your governments do...

He was asked to do something to keep his job. F1 is a sweet gig if you can get it, it pays highly (even the bad teams pay well), why do you think Sato and Davidson wants back in?

The silly season hasn't started in earnest yet, so don't bet against some IRL owner taking a flyer on him. On top of that, if De Ferran runs a 2 car team in IRL, printed several times that he's committed to fielding an entry in the ALMS in 2010 and beyond. Not to mention there will be at least one GT2 seat in the ALMS. Also USF1 could sign him.

There's lots of possibilities and all he did was do what he was told. I'm amazed by what so many of you do to keep your job and not make any waves. Especially Americans on this board, if your not getting a living wage from your employer going along with; that is just as bad as Piquet Jr doing what he did.
    He doesn't want to go to the IRL. He wants to go to NASCAR. I cant see him cutting it ..sorry. What he did elsewhere means nothing. He has ZERO oval experience.......and he is going to struggle. PERIOD.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80969

Piquet says that he decided to leave F1 even though there was an offer. I actually believe him, but if he thinks that he can come to America and leave the politics behind, good luck!
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011