Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

The Championship

As it stands now, there are 16 points between the top three.

So who's going to take it?

Kimi did it two years ago. And we are in the exact same position again.

Who do the last two tracks favor?

Even if SV wins the next two races, does he still have a shot?

Vettel and Rubens are on equal footing, Vettel with a superior car. So it's all Button's championship to lose. As it has been since day one.

Any thoughts?

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Button needs just 4 points to see off Vettel, even if he wons both races, and assuming Vettel does just that, those 4 points will be enough to see off Rubens as well - the odds are stacked in Jensons favour.

if Vettel wins and Button picks up at lease a couple of points then Rubens will likely be helping Jenson in Abu Dhabi as he'll be out of it.

plus Toyota are in forma dn i can see Hamilton winning one of the last 2 races. Factor in Vettel has no engines left so is recycling old ones puts him at a disavantage.

its Buttons to lose - a couple of 5th places will see him home comfortabley, but stranger things have happened (for the last 2 years!!) so it could yet go to any of the 3, although i'm inclined to think Vettel or Jenson, i don't think the Brawn is good anough at the moment for Rubens to make up 14 points cos he's need to win a race really
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Abu Dhabi has a lot of dull mickey mouse corners like Singapore so that should favour Red Bull.

Although the long straights at Interlagos will favour the Mercedes engines.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Abu Dhabi has a lot of dull mickey mouse corners like Singapore so that should favour Red Bull.

Although the long straights at Interlagos will favour the Mercedes engines.
    i think its the other way round - the fast track of Interlagos favouring Red Bull (although its slow enough that McLaren will be all over it, expecially with Kers for the drag up form the last corner

Abu Dhabi slow/medium corners is good for Brawn, plus hot which helps them/hinders Red Bull too
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    i think its the other way round - the fast track of Interlagos favouring Red Bull (although its slow enough that McLaren will be all over it, expecially with Kers for the drag up form the last corner
    I think that the high altitude and long uphill straights will be more of a disadvantage to Red Bull than the fast nature of the circuit will be an advantage.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I expect Lewis Hamilton to win the remaining two races and to make Vettel's championship impossible. Also I expect Jenson to score few points in Brazil and few in Abu Dhabi. Same about Rubens.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    4 points should really be enough for Button to get this over and done with
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Button hasn't lead a lap since round 11 (apparently) and hasn't won for 8 straight races. He's scored 1 podium in those 8 races. Not exactly a memorable run to the flag is it? It's still his title to lose and I can't see Barrichello or Vettel taking the title without a huge amount of luck.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Vettel arguably has a better chance than Barrichello now. Vettel needs a win and a 2nd, Barrichello needs a win and a 4th or two 2nds. Both assuming Button fails to score. On current form I can see Vettel achieving that more than Barrichello. And if the Brawn is good enough for Barrichello to get those results then Button will probably be able to cover him off.

But Button should be able to do enough, and as people have said there are other drivers who will be taking points off Vettel and Barrichello.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Button hasn't lead a lap since round 11 (apparently) and hasn't won for 8 straight races. He's scored 1 podium in those 8 races. Not exactly a memorable run to the flag is it? It's still his title to lose and I can't see Barrichello or Vettel taking the title without a huge amount of luck.
    But nobody else has been good enough to get anywhere near him.

They've all wasted their chances, like Vettel making too many mistakes for example.