Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    How you dare asking for respect, when in your posts in here and especially in the thread (now closed) you started yesterday, you don't show any respect for me and the work I do in here...
    I find it difficult to respect a moderator who consistently forces their own opinion over everybody elses when the job of a moderator is to remain impartial.

However, I understand and respect the job moderators as a whole have to do to keep the forum tidy. Sometimes though, you make mistakes as you have done here, and it is within my rights to point them out to you.

What doesn't help is your continued approach and apparent disregard for the people you are looking after, such as the sarcasm in my previous thread which was out of order.

We all like a good discussion - I think some of us feel that we are not allowed to do that any more without being mothered. We are adults - we can give and take in arguments and barring personal attacks then no thread needs to be censored or closed.

------------

Anyway, thats it for me on this matter. I won't write any more.

Lets all move on - Mark gave a good and honest description of what has happened and I will go along with that.

Over and out.
    Niente č vero, tutto č permesso

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    I may well consider those options, along with other members here who are also feeling the same as I do. In the end, the forum is the big loser, as it will lose many users who post regularly and contribute a great deal to discussions.
    You can start counting; I'm on pino's side!! I think the forum will be the winner when those who feel as you do consider the options. I don't think we will lose many forum members at all - most of us greatly appreciate the job pino has to do and the people he has to put up with.

I think I've said enough on this subject.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Why should we have to leave him to it? And, in any case, it is impossible. Look at the post-Brazilian GP threads. His attitude has become totally unacceptable. If you think it is acceptable, well, I'd reconsider that.

Daniel and pino, I suggest you read the thread to which I'm referring again. I just have. There would be virtually no animosity within it were it not for one member, and quite why this is so hard to see I simply cannot understand.
    Not at all. Links to the posts I consider particularly ridiculous, or those that are examples of how to offer an opinion that is different to the majority?

No, this person is impossibly rude. Maybe not by your standards, but by mine, and those of others, it seems, he is now beyond the pale. He should be banned permanently.

The way the poster to whom I am referring uses them is exceptionally rude.
    You misunderstand. I do not have a problem with differing opinions. Look at the threads I'm talking about and you will see plenty of examples of differing opinions expressed in a mature, sensible and well-thought-out manner. But one forum member is incapable of this and has, as I said, become impossible. I simply cannot understand why the moderators do not realise this, although I do have one theory that it might be impolite for me to post.

I'm sure the mods would express the view that banning this one member is not the answer and he should just be ignored instead. This is not the answer, because he comes to dominate threads to an extent that makes ignoring his vitriol and his, frankly, almost schizophrenic (not a word I use lightly) hypocrisy impossible. Sorry, but it's time for action to be taken and for him to be banned permanently if the F1 forum is not to go completely out of control, for I am convinced that this one member is the root cause of most of the trouble. I don't normally moan like this about such matters, but my enjoyment of debating things on the F1 forum has almost been reduced to zero. This is the fault of one member and inadequate moderation of that member.

I do not see how you escaped being banned.

You are the worst when it comes to hypocrisy, and you play a subtle game of attacking people in a personal manner that is intended to hurt. Then when they respond, you play the role of the victim, and do it all so well.

You should join that permanent ban list that you would put Ioan on, along with your running mate Henners.

Pino's problem he does not see through it very well, probably because of the language issues.

The real fault belongs to you for engaging this nonsense.

I found it particularly offensive in the thread about massa's injury, one of the few really serious subjects on this forum. Everything else should be fun and games..
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Pino, as a moderator you have a position of power and as with any other public official, I like others here, feel your integrity should be questioned

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Everything has gotten a wee bit out of control recently, and things need to be reigned back in.

The thread in the F1 forum was meant to be to contratulate Brawn and Button on their championship sucess, it should not have degenerated into a slanging match.

Pino warned the members concerned on several occasions to cool down, however these seemed to go unheeded so definitive action needed to be taken.

I've talked with Pino about it and the decision is that the bans in question will be in place until after the race at Abu Dhabi, a Grand Prix ban in accordance to the rules pino has had in place for a long while now.

Believe me, banning members is not something that we can take lightly, but when things get out of control a time out is needed to cool things down, and I thank pino for taking this action, it was not an easy decision and not one which is done on a whim and he knows that he'll not win many friends for it, but it was the best thing for the forum in the long run.
    Thank you for your calm and measured response - unlike Pino.

I thought nothing wrong with the Button/Brawn thread. All it took was for reminders to cool down/back on topic. Seems like it was only Pino got tired of it all yo yo-ing back and forth.

We're here to discuss and debate. We're not here to be yes men and kiss each others butts, let alone Buttons and Brawns.

I find the banning of a number members in the past 24 hrs to grossly unfair and unjust.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Wedge I respect your opinions but I am one who was sick and tired of the carry on in that thread.
    I think I also suggested we get back on track at one point and Pino did ask on the thread for people to cool down. I gather he did also send PM's.
    I also agree with Markabilly.
    I do belong to other forums and Pino allows more freedom than is allowed on most other forums.
    Maybe that is why people get upset when he does crack down.
    I feel he does a good job and all in all is pretty fair. Remember he does this as a volunteer and has a life beyond this forum.
    And yes I have had a run in with Pino.
    I for one do not want to see Pino get so cheesed off that he quits.
    I know I would blow up far quicker than Pino if I was ever a mod. No I do not want to be one.
    Now if you really want to see the insults fly read the joke column in Chit Chat.
    There are a small group of us who really throw the insults and innuendos at each other there. The thing is that it is all in fun and unless you want to join in the nonsense you are left alone. In other words you can post jokes safely without being insulted until you take a shot at one of us nutcases. Then you become fair game.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Unlike Pino...

Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Pino, as a moderator you have a position of power and as with any other public official, I like others here, feel your integrity should be questioned

I thought nothing wrong with the Button/Brawn thread. All it took was for reminders to cool down/back on topic. Seems like it was only Pino got tired of it all yo yo-ing back and forth.

We're here to discuss and debate. We're not here to be yes men and kiss each others butts, let alone Buttons and Brawns.

I find the banning of a number members in the past 24 hrs to grossly unfair and unjust.
    Nothing wrong with that thread ? Are you serious ? How can you say that ? Do you have the power to read the many and many posts I had to delete or edit ? And what about the 2 warnings/requests I had to post within 24 hours, where I had to ask to quit the insults and stick to the topic ? It took me 1 hour to clean that thread and you expect me to stay calm or even give you a measured response? Tell me how many time do I have to ask people to respect Forum rules before banning them ? Tell me...how many times ? Can't believe how many ungrateful people there are in here...
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    I do not see how you escaped being banned.

You are the worst when it comes to hypocrisy, and you play a subtle game of attacking people in a personal manner that is intended to hurt. Then when they respond, you play the role of the victim, and do it all so well.

You should join that permanent ban list that you would put Ioan on, along with your running mate Henners.

Pino's problem he does not see through it very well, probably because of the language issues.

The real fault belongs to you for engaging this nonsense.

I found it particularly offensive in the thread about massa's injury, one of the few really serious subjects on this forum. Everything else should be fun and games..
    100% correct. Some of the stuff i had to put up with from him a while back with Dunnel making out he's some superior being was ridicoulous.

As for Daniel, good to see him banned. Hope its forever, He's a troll, nothing more, nothing less. 30000 plus posts prove that, always sticking his nose into stuff that doesn't concern him. 5 reported posts i sent when he was trying to get me banned "again" a while back and nothing was done. Glad to see he's got whats coming.

Your doing a great job Pino!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But he's not a public official -- he's a volunteer, and this site is privately owned and run. He doesn't hold power over people's lives or livelihoods like a public official does; and if you automatically question the integrity of volunteers, then pretty soon you won't have any. Who would want to put in the time and work it takes to moderate a large forum if they wouldn't get paid for it, and would get treated with suspicion?

I think it's also important to keep in mind that the vast majority of administration and moderation work is invisible to most users. Everyone can see it when they make a mistake, or aren't around for a while; but when they do a great job, almost no one notices, because they get rid of problems before most users ever see them.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Sorry, but you are wrong here. pino had to delete many posts that you now cannot read. His is a totally thankless task, and I just cannot understand why some guys here feel the need to have a shot at him. It will be a sad day when pino suddenly decides he's had enough - who the hell will do that job then?

AS I offered earlier, if anyone thinks that this forum is badly moderated, feel free to send me a PM and I will suggest alternative forums on motorsport which you can then enjoy.

I stand by pino!!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Retlub Ecaps
    But he's not a public official -- he's a volunteer, and this site is privately owned and run. He doesn't hold power over people's lives or livelihoods like a public official does; and if you automatically question the integrity of volunteers, then pretty soon you won't have any. Who would want to put in the time and work it takes to moderate a large forum if they wouldn't get paid for it, and would get treated with suspicion?

I think it's also important to keep in mind that the vast majority of administration and moderation work is invisible to most users. Everyone can see it when they make a mistake, or aren't around for a while; but when they do a great job, almost no one notices, because they get rid of problems before most users ever see them.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this. Glad we have someone who sees this from outside the melee.