Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

OLympics 2016, host city is:

Rio De Janeiro! a samba olympics, 2 years after the FIFA world cup-brilliant!

just wish they had motorsport in the olympics too!
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Happy to see Rio taking the Olympics!
    Wnen was the last time Rio took the games??
    ..speed with no limits..
    fan of Kimi Raikkonen and Mikko Hirvonen:champion:

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimakos
    Happy to see Rio taking the Olympics!
    Wnen was the last time Rio took the games??
    never. the olympics have never been to south america.......
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good news...Would be nice to venture down there when the games are on. Im sure the carnival atomsphere will be amazing
    the big print giveth the small print taketh

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks Obama. Without you Chicago wouldn't have gotten 4th place.....oh......There were only 4 cities in the running?

Congrats Rio. Should be a great Olympics.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dibs on the tanned Brazilian women!

I've been looking for an excuse to have illegitimate children.
    Thank you Rio de Janeiro. lol

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Thanks Obama. Without you Chicago wouldn't have gotten 4th place.....oh......There were only 4 cities in the running?

Yes, and I woke up late to go to work this morning.
    I guess that's Barry's fault as well.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop

Near as I can tell, outside of Obama, Oprah and the connected types in Chicago bankrolling this bid, no one really wanted Chicago to get the games. I hate driving through that town now, I cant imagine the Olympics there. Enough already. South America hasn't seen the games yet, and it was LONG overdue. Brazil and Argentina are both big enough and sophisticated enough to pull off a games, and it was time one of them got the gig.

Rio is in a friendly timezone for NBC, so in the end, the Olympics in Rio will NOT bother the TV people in the US. Not to mention the visuals. The Beach Volleyball on the beach at Rio will be one case where the audience will be more fun to look at than the participants!!!!
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I, for one, would like to thank the IOC for immediately excusing Chicago and the USA from the privilege of spending huge amounts of money with the IOC and their lackies for the "honor" of hosting their silly track meet. These money grabbers make Bernie look like a rookie. Maybe people are wising up to the reality that the revenue generated by the track meet won't cover the amount of money spent to "host" it. Almost 50 percent of Chicago folks said "Nope, don't want them, thanks.".

Best of luck Rio! Although you can't afford them either, I'm damn glad you got them. It will be interesting to see what you do about the poverty. The IOC doesn't like having the poor and beggars cluttering up their landscape.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiero 5.7
    Best of luck Rio! Although you can't afford them either, I'm damn glad you got them. It will be interesting to see what you do about the poverty. The IOC doesn't like having the poor and beggars cluttering up their landscape.
    Yep. The IOC did Chicago a favour.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiero 5.7
    I, for one, would like to thank the IOC for immediately excusing Chicago and the USA from the privilege of spending huge amounts of money with the IOC and their lackies for the "honor" of hosting their silly track meet. These money grabbers make Bernie look like a rookie. Maybe people are wising up to the reality that the revenue generated by the track meet won't cover the amount of money spent to "host" it. Almost 50 percent of Chicago folks said "Nope, don't want them, thanks.".

Fiero, THAT's two excellent points. Chicago is a sinkhole of taxdollars but you have to know Mayor Daly's connected buddies would have made out like bandits with the tax dollars flowing in. I bet Tony Rezko would even get his cut. No....Chicago politics being what they are, the IOC lackies would have had to compete to steal tax dollars...and they hate competition.

As for The poor in Rio, the Brazilians will get tips from the Beijing butchers on how to deal with the undesirables. Probably be told to ship them off to the bush or something.

Brazil has a lot of poor, but in a sense, this sort of circus should come to countries on the way up because the benefits of all that money spent to bring the world to Brazil might actually be a help. Giving them to Chicago does nothing, save give the likes of Óbama a feather for his cap.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".