Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts

Brawn GP set to win on Honda's turf

How ironic will it be for Brawn GP to win the World Constructors Championship on Honda's home circuit? How much will Honda's management be kicking themselves for pulling out when the car that they designed is a winner.

But would the car be as successful as it is if Honda were still in charge? The strongest engine this year appears to be the Mercedes unit. Would Button & Barrichello still be winning if the car had a Honda engine?
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    How ironic will it be for Brawn GP to win the World Constructors Championship on Honda's home circuit? How much will Honda's management be kicking themselves for pulling out when the car that they designed is a winner.
    Lots

But would the car be as successful as it is if Honda were still in charge? The strongest engine this year appears to be the Mercedes unit. Would Button & Barrichello still be winning if the car had a Honda engine?
    No.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    No.
    Which, in a roundabout kind of way, suggests Honda's withdrawal before the start of the season as 'probably' a rather good move.

Given that it was mostly Honda's money that bankrolled the Brawn 2009 effort, the Honda guys can hold their heads high in my book.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    this isnt just brawn who might win the championship this weekend, its effectively honda as well, as its their car essentially, or was at least. howver, honda wont get much much priase, but well done everyone at brawn for a fantastic season so far, and hopefully things can go right for them now..........
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think they have been pretty clear. Honda's decision to leave F1 was not an easy one, it was simply a matter of paying the bills in an uncertain future. I'm sure many here have had to part with a prized possession at one time or another to make ends meet or to finance something that provided a potential longer long term benefit. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a congratualtions from the Honda team when Brawn clinches the drivers championship.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Honda engine was probably a dog.

Without the Mercedes engine, I don't think this team would be winning like this. So Honda really shouldn't feel that if they had stayed in they would have a championship.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I don't believe the Honda would have won as often (certainly not monza) but the car had such a performance advantage in the early season that those first 3 or 4 wins would have happened with any engine in the trunk IMO.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a congratualtions from the Honda team when Brawn clinches the drivers championship.
    I hope the Brawn guys, after thanking FOTA and Merc/McLaren, doff their caps to Honda as well.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    I hope the Brawn guys, after thanking FOTA and Merc/McLaren, doff their caps to Honda as well.
    I think they will.

The Brawn team has put together a terrific package which has firmly established them in the F1 pecking order but it has to be acknowledged that Honda have been supportive with the transition.

It's also worth noting the difference the Merc engine offers over the Honda powerplant. The Honda unit does seem to have been a difficult beast to say the least.

Honda did the right thing not just by stepping down but by stepping down in a complimentary and constructive way for the Brawn team and I am sure this is appreciated.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    If Brawn and Jenson win the titles in this race, I don't know about Honda, but my first birthday present will come in advance of one week.
    Formula 1