Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fisichella's move - bad idea?

For the chance to race for Ferrari for 5 races only, he gives up his pretty-secure seat in a team that is starting to show some real speed finally. Bad career move?

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    They have already said he will be their third driver next year.

He is Italian driving a Ferrari - that's a dream, I think that would mean more to him than winning a race.

Good move either way IMO, Ferrari ask someone running their engines to give him a spot for next year. Although it might have been far better at FI if he could give them their first win.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"Third driver" in a sport with 2-car teams is an oxymoron!

"Third driver" in a sport with 2-car teams is an oxymoron!

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    well i like the move - all along i have said that it is very difficult in f1 to even change cars. When JV went to sauber and renault he was cut no slack by all of the naysayers. Other drivers are having the same fate. So the moral of the story is backoff when a driver changes teams - these cars are quite different. The fish said he lacks confidence because the car feels different. we are talking a sport where 2 tenths is a lifetime. So understand how molded the driver has to be to the car.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Very difficult choice.

Being the third driver in a two car team is like coming third in Word War II. Worse still, Fisi won just after he made that choice. It is without doubt that Mallya has unlimited funds and they finally have a competitive car; so in hindsight, Fisi may have done a helluva lot better staying with Mallya, because that car may be super competitive next year. There is absolutely no doubt that Mallya wants to win; I just wonder who his drivers will be next year.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

well I like the fish's move and have lots of respect for him in doing what he did. He is italian and proved it. He should be commended in every respect. We need more Fishes and less moneyhawkers
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fousto, I'm not saying Fisi is doing a bad job.

I just don't think it's a good idea to go from being a race driver (arguably the team leader) in a rapidly-improving team, to becoming a test driver for Ferrari. For me, that would only make sense if I no longer have the competitive spirit in me and want to semi-retire.

well he may be there with that. However I could see him not going to renault or red bull but we all know the ferrari mystic. that coupled with italian = go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 18000rpm
    Fousto, I'm not saying Fisi is doing a bad job.

I just don't think it's a good idea to go from being a race driver (arguably the team leader) in a rapidly-improving team, to becoming a test driver for Ferrari. For me, that would only make sense if I no longer have the competitive spirit in me and want to semi-retire.
    Totally agree!
    It apears that quite a few people thought he was going to continue the success he started to realize at FI.
    Possibly even push Kimi
    I believe a member or two on this forum thought Ferrari had a real chance of a 1-2 at Monza
    :rotflmao: :roll::rotflmao: :roll::rotflmao:

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Fisi is the kind of driver who would bring a dog of a car to a glorious eigth place, get a contract with a top team and then bring a championship winning car to the same eigth place. Only now it would be a lousy eigth place. He proved it throughout his career.

If he stayed with Force India, everybody would be going on about how well he doing. Now everybody will blast him for poor results with Ferrari. He's just buried his F1 career. On to WTCC or DTM.
    Llibertat