Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up Matt Crafton shouldn't have been penalized

Todd Bodine and Ron Hornaday came down the track in the race saturday, Matt just held his ground which he had every right to do that late in the race, and the #30 and #33 pretty much wrecked themselvs, Matt did nothing wrong
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Matt was in his right to "race" for the win and not hand it over to Hornaday. But some of the more experienced drivers know that a win with a spin is not always a fair way to race. He could have backed off, in both instances. He had to expect them to come back to their line and he was far from side-by-side, he was just in far enough to spin them. Regardless, it's more exciting to see these guys fighting for the win than handing it over Ron every week.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Spinning the leader out twice in the final laps deserves a penalty, IMO. I'm glad Nascar finally did something about cheap driving
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes. Good on NASCAR.

Feels weird to say that these days.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I think saying on the radio he was going to not give ground to Hornaday put him on the thin ice, and I am sure when NASCAR saw the in truck feed and heard him not even lifting as he plowed into Hornaday sealed his fate. It is one thing to hold your line, it is another to try to use the other guy's 4 tires to help you make the corner.....and Crafton might of skated up the track or wrecked at the pace he was going, if he hadn't hit Hornaday...

Besides..Matt aint all bright, pissing off Bodine and Horndog is NOT my idea of smart racing. Those guys would rough you up and make it look it was your fault.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have constructed an animation to explain this. In the first picture we see how far Crafton is from Hornaday and that all shadows on the front straight are perpendicular to the objects casting them. In the second picture we see Crafton catch up to Hornaday's shadow after Hornady has begun to enter the turn. In the third picture we can see Crafton along side Hornaday and at a less severe angle to indicate Hornady's tail being forced up the track. We know Hornaday isn't blocking Crafton because the trucks behind them are all following Hornaday's line.

Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left...
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd