Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We miss you Chigley!

Just in case you are having a quiet lurk I wanted to say how nice it was to bump in to you on Sunday at the Rock. Hope you enjoyed things from our side of the fence!

Sorry to hear that you have 'retired' - missed seeing you up on your gantry, you always did your stuff up there with such style and panache.

Hope you may come out of retirement at some stage - for the oval fans you are as much a part of the event as the cars were and the trucks still are!!

Best wishes
    Keep on trucking Stanty.
    All together 'Cheerios, cheerios, cheerios..'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

???????

Quote Originally Posted by The White Lady

Sorry to hear that you have 'retired'

Best wishes
    Chigley would never retire from the rock, he's part of the history of the place, may be he was pushed!!
    revolution racing #99 crew chief's side kick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For those who don't read 10/10ths here is the comment I posted on 25/7.

I've decided that for the foreseeable future the marshalling bag and probbies are going to be unpacked and put away.

Since returning after a long layoff for healing last year I have not had the same "buzz", enthusiasm, or enjoyment. Events last weekend finally convinced me that, as a volunteer not an official, I did not need the inconsideration or lack of communication, early mornings and feeling knackered after a weekend.

Having been very lucky to have started a new job, being able to be unjaded and refreshed after a weekend is more important than coming away from a weekend, dis-satisfied and exhausted.

I've had the privilege to work with some great people, had some fantastic fun, banter and camaraderie. I've made some very special friends that I would never have met but for marshalling and for that I'll be forever grateful and will miss being with them at the weekends.

Cheers to all, stay safe and have fun.
    .................................................. ................................................

Ian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When the clouds clear in cuckoo land, and V8's are heard rumbling around the Rock in a large pack, I'm sure we'll see you again.

Until that time, adios amigo! Farewell ol' friend, may the grass grow lush and green on your new side of the fence, but remember, you'll always be welcome where the thistles still grow!

Happy Days.

Rob.
    Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink That would be Good!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by racing59
    When the clouds clear in cuckoo land, and V8's are heard rumbling around the Rock in a large pack, I'm sure we'll see you again.

Happy Days.

Rob.

Hi Rob

Maybe a few of us should get together for a chat! maybe If camso's drivers came to the Rock? I might then travel to warneton with 2 cars?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by racing59
    Happy Days.Rob.
    And a few others!
    2009? wriggly-wriggly for MSVR
    2010? the same unless something of interest returns to "The Rock"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravheart
    Hi Rob

Maybe a few of us should get together for a chat! maybe If camso's drivers came to the Rock? I might then travel to warneton with 2 cars?
    Cool, duncan driving two cars at once!!lol
    come on duncan, and you rob get out there.
    revolution racing #99 crew chief's side kick