Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    McLaren did win 2 drivers titles since 1999 (that's 10 years with 20 titles at stake).
    Renault won back to bak WDC and WCC drivers in 2005 and 2006.

That makes them a more realistic top performer than the Mclaren.

Also in the same period Ferrari won like 8 WCC and 6 WDC titles, yet our 'knowledgeable' devoted saint thinks they are less likely to give a driver the best chance than McLaren are!
    Maybe the number of wins would be a better statistic... Mclaren and Ferrari would PROBABLY lead that.
    “Leave me alone!”

Jarno
    McLaren would be the worst option for Kimi, hope that never happens.

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    McLaren did win 2 drivers titles since 1999 (that's 10 years with 20 titles at stake).
    Renault won back to bak WDC and WCC drivers in 2005 and 2006.

That makes them a more realistic top performer than the Mclaren.

Also in the same period Ferrari won like 8 WCC and 6 WDC titles, yet our 'knowledgeable' devoted saint thinks they are less likely to give a driver the best chance than McLaren are!
    There was a quote on the wall in the offices of the Home Office in the UK that said "if you torture the statistics enough they will tell you anything".

The way you have engineered your retort is just that - in order to support your artgument. The universe you have used is too small therefore the picture shown is a distorted one.

This is the reason the beginning I have taken was from the period that Mclaren came into its own as a top constructor and at the same time Ferrari team was literally taken by Niki Lauda and reingineered. At the time he spent six weeks testing from light until dark and lived at the circuit only returning him once a week.

And since 1974, the year this all coincided because 1973 was the year that both Lotus and Tyrrell peaked, never to return to their former glories.

So it was the beginning of a new era and since then the numbers I provide are the facts. Your view or my view is not relevant here because we have 35 years of what actually happened.

I refer you to my original post above on this matter because it encompasses the entire period, not your cherry picked short period.

Lastly, this debate referred to the driver's championship only, not the contructor's. Remember the original question was which team did a driver have a greater probability of winning and I have shown my case and stated that that is Mclaren not Ferrari.

I am not beholden to any team as I do not support teams and never have, I have favorite drivers.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    There was a quote on the wall in the offices of the Home Office in the UK that said "if you torture the statistics enough they will tell you anything".
    It took me some 30 seconds to 'torture' them to the point to prove that your post has no base.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Total agree!
    Kimi has to stay in Ferrari forever..
    ..speed with no limits..
    fan of Kimi Raikkonen and Mikko Hirvonen:champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    I don't know now that Mosley is set to disappear. We could see Ron back and he has always liked Finnish drivers, I mean he's hired four so far.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    It took me some 30 seconds to 'torture' them to the point to prove that your post has no base.
    I don't agree with Saint Devotes post but everyone is entitled to an opinion. Shouting rubbish because you don't agree, isn't going to change anyones opinion...
    Just saying mokin:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    I don't know now that Mosley is set to disappear. We could see Ron back and he has always liked Finnish drivers, I mean he's hired four so far.
    I don't think Ron will come back. Martin has proved more than up to the task. I would imagine Ron is enjoying his new project which he can devote all his efforts to in the road car division or whatever it is he heads these days.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I don't agree with Saint Devotes post but everyone is entitled to an opinion. Shouting rubbish because you don't agree, isn't going to change anyones opinion...
    Just saying mokin:
    You're trying to teach Ioan some manners? Good luck
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Just saying mokin:
    I proved my point with numbers, so it's more than just me agreeing or not. I rest my case.

PS: I do not post to change anyone's opinion, I learned that it's pretty much useless to expect some people to see the light. I only try to put things right when some utterly distort reality.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro