Page 13 of 106 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Exclamation

Guys if you force me to close another thread, someone will go on holiday for a very long time...
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Guys if you force me to close another thread, someone will go on holiday for a very long time...
    Hey Pino, I think thats what you must do. Ban for life. If you think that "yours truly" is the main reason, then IŽll accept it. As long as it brings peace on the forum.

Its futile anyway. Every thread turns into the same. Its preventing all discussion. Its killing the forum.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzeidzei
    Hey Pino, I think thats what you must do. Ban for life. If you think that "yours truly" is the main reason, then IŽll accept it. As long as it brings peace on the forum.

Its futile anyway. Every thread turns into the same. Its preventing all discussion. Its killing the forum.
    Though IŽve been called dumb (because ... you see... iŽm christian) and a beggar (since iŽm romanian) I think they shouldnŽt ban you. Maybe youŽll get rid of that anger of yours eventually.

A ban for life is what I will do from now on, as I am really tired of dealing with mature people who act like kids. I will not take this any longer, you all have been warned !

Back to Kimi now and don't let me repeat that again !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Back to Kimi now and don't let me repeat that again !
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    We should all start writing full names rather than initials too, then we don't look lazy even if we are not..
    But I am lazy, so may I just stick with initials?

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkFan
    OK, but I think that the Constructor's title is a better indication of a car's capability of winning. If a team wins the WCC without the WDC, you have clear evidence that the car would have won the WDC if one of the drivers had been capable (or fit for the entire year). Over your measuring period, McLaren won the WCC 8 times (1974, 1984, 1985, 1988-91, 1998), and Ferrari won 14 times (1975-77, 1979, 1981-2, 1999-2004, 2007-8). Now, based on points McLaren would have won 2007, but based on the team data issue, perhaps all the points scored by all 4 drivers should have been scored for Ferrari!

Yes, Ferrari benefitted mightly from Schumacher, but without Prost and Senna, McLaren's result would be pretty thin gruel, too. Even throwing out 2007, a 13-8 edge for Ferrari says that if you really want to win, drive a red car.

ClarkFan
    Ahh but you also "eliminate" items to arrive at your edge :-]

The way I describe it I include everything as well as the ability of each team to select the best drivers possible. These are teams that can usually pick and choose whom they want.

What good does it do me as a driver if a team wins the constructors through scoring well with two drivers, if I can be with a team that may not even have the best car but a close one and a teammate that is a good foil for me?

You see my focus was on which team is likely to win a driver the drivers championship - and I find that Mclaren is the better sure thing than Ferrari due to historical evidence as I have laid out.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Hey SD. I agree with a lot of what you say, but please could you spell it Raikkonen? Or Kimi, thats easier.

Doesnt matter otherwise except makes you look stupid. Even if you were not.
    I fond the spelling of the Finnish names difficult to remember - the doule letters go where?!!! - but I will correct that. Just for you!

And whoever wins the title is the best driver that year. Period.
    Not so fast.....

The driver that wins the championship is the one that played the game the best because not all capable drivers have cared about winning the title and not all the best drivers in that year have ended up by winning the title.

This is why I do not use the title win to assess the best drivers in a season or an era.

The most often used example is Stirling Moss. His percentages were amongst the best, yet he never won a championship and there are those that would decry that and ignore him.

But there was one man who opinion overrides all and he considered Moss to be his greatest rival. His name was Juan Manuel Fangio.

A more recent driver that openly did not care for the championship title and never raced that way, but raced always to be the quickest qualifier and the grand prix winner and drove him into the hearts of so many, Gilles Villeneuve.

And which fan following the career of Superswede, his so effortless sublime way of driving a racing car taking the Lotus 72 to 9 pole positions in 1973 and he finished second in the tragic season of 1978 when he died from injuries sustained at Monza, could say that he is less than his teammate merely because he did not and never would win a title?

Remember there are team preferences always and it may well be the team that engineers the preferred driver to the championship win - not the best driver.

There are times also when a driver wins the title - as Kimi did in 2007 - when it was essentially because civil war had broken out at Mclaren but he did win it bit also deserved it in other ways because he had been let down frequently by the Mclaren-Mercedes he was driving.

Justice :-]