Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RacinRandy
    Are you crazy? Did you see how fast that happened? Notice that the corner workers were waving the yellow flag at the top of the hill. The thought of even thinking about stepping on to that track was insaine. Viso didn't have a chance, but Power should have seen the flag and slowed down.
    I have an impression that unless drivers see the accidents themselves, yellow flags are usually invisible to drivers, not just Indycar by the way.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I just now started rolling the quals on the dvr. That was vicious hit. That really sucks for all of them. It could have been far worse but Damn, so much for another good showing for Will. Get well soon Will.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RacinRandy
    Are you crazy? Did you see how fast that happened? Notice that the corner workers were waving the yellow flag at the top of the hill. The thought of even thinking about stepping on to that track was insaine. Viso didn't have a chance, but Power should have seen the flag and slowed down.

Yes, but it appeared that all that was there was a waving yellow flag. I know at MidOhio in the esses the corner workers not only wave the flag but someone is also using had gestures to indicate WHERE the incident is. They indicate the driver should be on the outside or inside line in the corner. I never got a good visual from todays incident, but it looks like the corner workers are up in a tower where there would be no opportunity for such hand signals.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    So when's Duno going to be parked for her own and everyone else's safety?
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Yes, but it appeared that all that was there was a waving yellow flag. I know at MidOhio in the esses the corner workers not only wave the flag but someone is also using had gestures to indicate WHERE the incident is. They indicate the driver should be on the outside or inside line in the corner. I never got a good visual from todays incident, but it looks like the corner workers are up in a tower where there would be no opportunity for such hand signals.

Gary
    A yellow flag is supposed to mean 'danger ahead'. If it's a blind corner it is wise to slow down. Sadly, not many drivers do that nowadays.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    A yellow flag is supposed to mean 'danger ahead'. If it's a blind corner it is wise to slow down. Sadly, not many drivers do that nowadays.

Yes, but the way the Lake Erie folks (the group that does corner work at Mid Ohio) do it, there is more information given to the driver. Not so he doesn't have to slow down, but so he knows WHERE to go AS he slows down. Even if Will had slowed down more, I don't think he could have avoided a wreck since he was so far to the left. Had he known to come to the inside of the corner, he might have had a chance.

Don't we have some former corner workers among us? Is the "Lake Erie way" the norm or unique to them? I have seen them do this for years. It's always two folks, one with the flag and one with two hands pulling in or pushing out in a very exaggerated motion.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It is done at Mosport when possible. For some of the club races in particular there are not enough marshalls to do it.
    Some tracks do not allow marshalls to go over the wall or trackside until the safety car is deployed. It may depend on the tracks Insurance policy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    6 p.m. Eastern time is just too late to start a race. It's different if you're on one of the big broadcast networks at the time viewership starts to run it, its an entirely different thing if you're on a third-tier cable network that isn't carried by a lot of homes and is in danger of being dumped by Direct TV.

Why do they have to start the race at 3 p.m. local time? There's nothing on verses that would preclude them from starting at a more reasonable time, but 6 p.m. on a Sunday is just too late, why compete with the beginning of the Sunday night prime time?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great closing laps, glad VS stayed on the battle. Shout out to Conway, Moraes, and Mutoh...great races by those guys and much needed.

Marco needs his head examined for 1st lap and last lap incidents. The way he mouths off when he is the one out of the race I'd be interested in his take on those two bonehead moves. Dixon doesn't have any room to complain though, it was him that ultimately caused the entire 1st lap melee. Either way, they both got what they deserved to some extent.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.