Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    RS, the last WRC rallies in Spain were very boring. The results were so predictable and already before the event we knew the winner. There are a lot of places which would be much better, as example Sanremo.

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
    My home is less than 15 minutes drive from 4 stages of R Cat. and, altouhg it is very comfortable for me, I must say it is not interesting at all. After attending other rallys like Sweden, Finland or Wales among others, where every spot is worthy, I feel Catalunya is a bit sad. It's almost impossible to find an interesting place to watch it and I'm never in the spectator areas.

Even if you consider hairpins as interesting places you will find that they drive them like Loew's hairpin in the MC GP F1.

And it is not only the surface that is boring. Also the schedule with two loops of three stages with a big rest time in the middle and that they have been using the same stages for years.

In fact there are interesting places in the same area like La Riba or Escaladei but for some reason they don't use them.

They say that they have problems getting permissions and that with this schedule, the organisation is perfect.

But I think that if they can't produce a quality rally whatever the reason, they should take it somewhere else.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabaru
    I have always wondered how they call it the WORLD Rally Championship when most all the events are held in Europe with only a minority of events held in other areas of the world. If they are going to call themselves a “world championship” they should be required to host at least one event per year on each continent.
    The FIA rules say that a World Championship is required to visit at least 3 continents (among other things) so if they have a rally in Australia and one in Argentina and the rest are in Europe it's fine according to the rules. However I agree the calendar should be more balanced even if with more European rallies because there are more traditional/important rallies in Europe.