Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Andrea De Cesaris, Pierluigi Martini et al were the worst drivers to lap during a GP.
    They may have been bad, but they were no Jean Denis Deletraz!
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles
    pin: Happy to see that I am not Robinson Caruso with this point.

Naah, I suck at RF factor too!
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    There is one driver that is absolutely in the top three of my alltime favorites and he could make his car e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y w-i-d-e when neccessary. His name? Clay Regazzoni :-]

He holds the f1 lap record at the Nurburgring and it was superb when he won at that circuit and Monza in 1974 and 1975 respectively for Ferrari.

But the real uproar he caused was at Watkins Glen in 1975 while "protecting" leader Lauda [Ferrari] from second placed Fittipaldi [Mclaren].

Superb Regga :-]

The days of a screaming flat 12 Ferrari engine are sadly gone.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Trulli sometimes doesn't defend very well to be honest. I think he's made it too easy for too many people over the years.

Heidfeld's a decent defensive driver. Would it be right to call M Schumacher one of the best?

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Fernando Alonso at Imola 2005 was a great show of defensive driving.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    God.

We MUST be bored to need to return to this old thread

Does anyone have a DeLorean with a flux capacitor so we can jump the next two weeks?
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Maybe not the best defensive driver, but a great defensive drive...Alonso defending a charging and super fast Schumacher at Imola comes to mind. Shuey tried everything to pass but Alonso managed to hold on for 15 odd laps. Imola is famous for being hard to pass on, but it was still great defensive driving from Alonso
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Maybe not the best defensive driver, but a great defensive drive...Alonso defending a charging and super fast Schumacher at Imola comes to mind. Shuey tried everything to pass but Alonso managed to hold on for 15 odd laps. Imola is famous for being hard to pass on, but it was still great defensive driving from Alonso
    It was a great drive from him, even if we couldn't see half of it because of the advert breaks.

I think the best attacking drivers are usually the best defenders too. They are just good at all round racecraft.

I wouldn't class Trulli as a good defensive driver. He is just a better qualifier than racer so he ends up with a train behind him because it is too difficult to pass in F1. I don't think Flavio thought much of Trulli's defensive driving after the last lap of France 2004.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow

I wouldn't class Trulli as a good defensive driver. He is just a better qualifier than racer so he ends up with a train behind him because it is too difficult to pass in F1. I don't think Flavio thought much of Trulli's defensive driving after the last lap of France 2004.
    True.

Door. Open. Please have my place.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    It was a great drive from him, even if we couldn't see half of it because of the advert breaks.
    We dont get add breaks over here, we live in a First World country
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.