Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Seems like I may come as well.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    I'll be there if not for any other reason but forum dinner so that Jani don't have to be there alone
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    I'll be there if not for any other reason but forum dinner so that Jani don't have to be there alone
    Cheers Don. We'll have plenty of everything.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
    Hi. I'm from New Zealand and will be attending Rally Finland this year for the first time. I was wondering what sort of weather and temperatures to expect. Should I bring wet weather gear? Also, what are the ground conditions like in among the trees? Do I need boots? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is there a wealthy person in this thread that can pay for my flight?

I'll pay you back when I finish college, honest!
    Don't want to miss Rally Finland before the FIA stupidly decides to rotate the calendar.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiRallyFan
    Hi. I'm from New Zealand and will be attending Rally Finland this year for the first time. I was wondering what sort of weather and temperatures to expect. Should I bring wet weather gear? Also, what are the ground conditions like in among the trees? Do I need boots? Thanks in advance for any replies.
    At mornings, very early, it might be a bit chilly but at the day time temperatures are either warm or hot. Light wet weather gear is recommenned. Carrying it is the best way to prevent the rain Boots are also highly recommenned, especially if it has rained. I use sexy boots, however, they're one of their kind.

Bring a backpack, it holds everything you need on stages
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Would love to go this year, but too many other things happening and spending money on my house instead. Maybe I will get there one day.
    Roving all over the country

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiRallyFan
    Weather is hard to predict, like you know. Basically NORF is held at the best time of Finnish summer, but still it can mean raining. Last year it was rather wet for Friday morning, but there on it was really nice, at times even warm weather for the rest of the weekend. Last few years it have been a great weather so perhaps this year - not so lucky... hopefully not, though. At morning stages when you'll be by the roadside before 7-9 AM it can also be rather chilly, something like +5-7 celcius. But goddamn it's beautiful (if not raining).

Ground conditions are normally okey, but if it's wet you'd love to have at least decent hiking boots. Also take some lighter shoes if it is a dry weekend. There are paths made to the forests, spectating places are normally rather easy to access - of course depending what you consider as a good place.

Also pack in a small FM radio for the rally broadcast, there are results in English as well. And while planning which stages to go on Saturday evening remember there is a Group F race on five of them. Lots of Scandinavian flicks to be expected!

If I meet you somehow at some of the stages, let's have a chat. I'm planning shakedown + 7-9 stages through the rally.

And hopefully I'd manage to go and see Rally New Zealand some year in the future.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I use sexy boots, however, they're one of their kind.
    And I thought my pink and flowery chair was the kinkiest last year...
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
    Thanks for your replies A.F.F and Hartusvuori, that's exactly what I was after. It sounds like I should just treat it like a New Zealand rally. The weather and conditions sound similar.

I didn't know about the Group F race. Is that a local rally which follows the WRC event?