Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    Just because he's been dead 15 years doesn't change the fact that, talented though he undoubtedly was, he was also unsporting and showed a total disregard for the safety of his competitors.

You may wish to remember a less real version of the man, but it doesn't change the fact that he was not an untouchable saint.
    PLEASE!! don't make me ask you about SchM.
    Can somebody please dig out the youtube vid of the relevant Macau GP? Thanks.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    In my case, the reason for my dislike of what happened is the incident that ensued, not the motivation behind it, nor what was said afterwards. Personally, I do not consider any of the incidents involving Michael Schumacher, for example, to have been comparable in terms of their nature. But of course it is right to say that many a top sportsman has at some time or another been unsporting.

Why? We all saw it, and I would think that means we are in quite a good position to make our own assessments on what happened.

Would you give a politician the benefit of the doubt on the same basis — namely that their peers are the only ones able to judge the rights and wrongs of what they do?
    Same comment as above. Ta!!

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    One could also mention Estoril in 1988, a move on Senna's part that caused some degree of outrage at the time, because it was just not deemed to be 'the done thing'.
    That manoeuvre was blown out of proportion because Prost spat out his dummy and threw his toys out the pram.

Schumi did the same thing to his own brother at the Nurburgring (2003?) and I personally found nothing wrong with it.

My estimation of Massa went up when he decided to overtake in Fuji last year inbetween Webber and pitwall/pitlane exit

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    That manoeuvre was blown out of proportion because Prost spat out his dummy and threw his toys out the pram.

Schumi did the same thing to his own brother at the Nurburgring (2003?) and I personally found nothing wrong with it.

My estimation of Massa went up when he decided to overtake in Fuji last year inbetween Webber and pitwall/pitlane exit
    Was he trying to frighten the guys hanging off the pitwall? :

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge

Which probably shows that it had become acceptable in the interim.

Quote Originally Posted by tintop
    Sadly, you haven't earned any.
    I'm gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    You're speaking about Senna or yourself? Help me out here.
    Oh yes, very clever....did you think of that yourself or did Mummy help you?

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Tamburello said that Senna never earned his respect and it speaks volumes about how importantly he views himself. I find that hilarious.
    Good for you.

Anyone would think your opinion was more important than an internet nobody....oh, wait, you are one too.

That really is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    PLEASE!! don't make me ask you about SchM.
    Can somebody please dig out the youtube vid of the relevant Macau GP? Thanks.
    Schumi was a right txxt too. I wouldn't expect his repeated unsporting acts to be air-brushed or not mentioned.

His saving grace for me was that he was a txxt in a scarlet car.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello

His saving grace for me was that he was a txxt in a scarlet car.
    Ah well, as my grandfather would say - GRHS - 'you can't polish a turd'
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.