Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    No other loss in racing has hit me as hard because he wasn't a driver, and it was unexpected
    It was sad news and I'll miss his columns as well because David and Monte Dutton were/are the best two in the biz. I have a hard time thinking it was totally unexpected though. He must have weighed close to 400 pounds?
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tstran17_88
    It was sad news and I'll miss his columns as well because David and Monte Dutton were/are the best two in the biz. I have a hard time thinking it was totally unexpected though. He must have weighed close to 400 pounds?

I am not sure How big he was, but yes, it really shouldn't be a surprise. His wife Katy mentioned I think in passing when she appeared with Mike Bagley the Friday of that week on TMD that David was on a list for heart transplants. I am not sure on how accurate that is, and whether being that big would disqualify him. I think David fought his weight most of his life, and it is a sad thing to be that big and probably be fighting one's metabolism and urges.

AS someone who sits for a living, and weighs..ummm a bit too much, it is a warning to me. I am consciously now trying to eat better. I do not want to follow the David Poole example although I am damned slim in comparsion to his former size....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I saw a few pictures of him before he passed and it did look like David lost quite a bit of weight over the past few years.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    AS someone who sits for a living, and weighs..ummm a bit too much, it is a warning to me. I am consciously now trying to eat better. I do not want to follow the David Poole example although I am damned slim in comparsion to his former size....
    Weight Watchers is a great program. I've been a lifetime member for a number of years now. It works for me.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    Weight Watchers is a great program. I've been a lifetime member for a number of years now. It works for me.
    If I wasn't on the road and so tempted into eating really BAD food...lol, I likely would join. I am 6'2" and 250. That is too much. That said, I am not David Poole big.

Nice touch by Lowes Motor Speedway, apparently they were going to have some words said and honour him in the pre race for the 600.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".