Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    I agree it was a mistake, though I don't feel it was improper to play "America the Beautiful" (KIDDING!!!). I fully understand how they run under license of varius countries.

I'll just have to agree to disagree to disagree on this one what I feel reflect the true base of the teams. All but 4 F1 teams teams are English IMHO. Ferrari, Minardi/STR, BMW as a team owner and Toyota have never been based in England, though I recall the uproar when Todt and Brawn wanted to move Ferrari to England early on in their reign.

How many flags has The Redbull team carried since Stewart started the team? Force India???? Toleman/Benneton/Renault? Tyrrell/BAR/Honda/Brawn even? None of them has ever left England.
    It was a mistake by the FIA/organizers and I too was unhappy as to them not playing the correct anthem, having lived in Austria for many years.

But your logic though is flawed as 99% of the drivers don't live in their home countries either. so I suppose by your standars, they should be playing the anthems of the countries where the driver lives?

Just because you are based somewhere does not mean you are from that place. If you still have your citizenship/Racing licence from a different country, then that is what should be played.

It really isn't that complicated.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    nor important, to quote kimi, "who cares", as to what gets played, if anything, as I never watch any of the stupid podium ceremony crud anymore and seldom watch the interviews where they usually give the standard canned answers, when I replay the video (I seldom watch the races live anymore, and you can see all the important stuff by fast forward through most everything, esp. the commercials, until you get to the important stuff, all of which takes about ten minutes).
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    nor important, to quote kimi, "who cares", as to what gets played, if anything, as I never watch any of the stupid podium ceremony crud anymore and seldom watch the interviews where they usually give the standard canned answers, when I replay the video (I seldom watch the races live anymore, and you can see all the important stuff by fast forward through most everything, esp. the commercials, until you get to the important stuff, all of which takes about ten minutes).
    This is really, really sad. I just don't know what to say except that it is just so, so sad.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout