Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Helio Jury In

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Helio Jury In

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/brea...y/1002767.html

BY JAY WEAVER
    [email:tb4z6gqk]jweaver@MiamiHerald.com[/email:tb4z6gqk]

A federal jury on Thursday said it reached a unanimous verdict on two tax-evasion counts against Indy 500 champ Helio Castroneves and deadlocked on five others -- including the leading conspiracy charge against the Brazilian race car star.

The Miami jury also said it reached a unanimous verdict on one charge against the driver's sister/manager, Katiucia Castroneves, but deadlocked on the other six.

The panel said it reached a unanimous verdict on all seven counts against Castroneves' sports lawyer, Alan R. Miller. That verdict form was placed in a sealed envelope.

U.S. District Judge Donald Graham ordered the 12-member jury to continue deliberating in the $5.5 million tax-evasion case, giving them a so-called ''Allen'' charge urging them to find common ground on the deadlocked counts.

The prosecution supported the judge's charge to the jury, and the defense opposed it.

Castroneves and his sister embraced after the jury delivered the partial verdict, amid a packed courtroom of relatives, friends and media.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My read on this is they've found Miller guilty on all counts and are deadlocked about how much Helio and his sister knew/conspired.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    My read on this is they've found Miller guilty on all counts and are deadlocked about how much Helio and his sister knew/conspired.

How do you come to that? I saw no indication of innocence or guilt on ANY of the counts against ANY of them. Just that a verdict was reached and sealed, until all counts are decided.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They've reached a verdict on all counts against miller, two counts against Helio, but not the conspiracy charge, and one count against Kat. I don't see how Miller could be innocent of all charges and there not be uniformity across the board.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    How do you come to that? I saw no indication of innocence or guilt on ANY of the counts against ANY of them. Just that a verdict was reached and sealed, until all counts are decided.

Gary
    Considering all of the speculation that went on during the trial, you really didn't expect it to end? I agree with you, we have no clue what is in the sealed verdicts. The only reasonable conclusion is that the jury has mixed feelings about the remaining charges.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Reports from AP say Helio and his sister have been acquitted on all counts!

MIAMI (AP) — A jury has acquitted Indy race car driver Helio Castroneves of tax evasion but hung on a count of conspiracy.
    Jurors deliberated for six days before reaching their verdict on Friday.
    Castroneves has twice won the Indianapolis 500 winner, and was also champ of TV's "Dancing With The Stars" in 2007. His sister and business manager, Katiucia Castroneves, was also acquitted on the tax evasion counts and the jury also hung on the conspiracy count. His Michigan lawyer, Alan Miller, was acquitted on the conspiracy count and three counts of tax evasion.
    The three were accused of conspiring to evade millions in taxes over a five-year period. They had faced up to six years in prison.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Reports from AP say Helio and his sister have been acquitted on all counts!

MIAMI (AP) — A jury has acquitted Indy race car driver Helio Castroneves of tax evasion but hung on a count of conspiracy.
    Jurors deliberated for six days before reaching their verdict on Friday.
    Castroneves has twice won the Indianapolis 500 winner, and was also champ of TV's "Dancing With The Stars" in 2007. His sister and business manager, Katiucia Castroneves, was also acquitted on the tax evasion counts and the jury also hung on the conspiracy count. His Michigan lawyer, Alan Miller, was acquitted on the conspiracy count and three counts of tax evasion.
    The three were accused of conspiring to evade millions in taxes over a five-year period. They had faced up to six years in prison.

Gary
    http://www.miamiherald.com/

YEAH !!!!!!!!!
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yeah, they just said on the Long Beach practice feed that he had been acquitted.

Wonder where this leaves Will Power? And they are also saying Helio could be back for Long Beach!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Absolutely over the moon, always had a really hard time believing anything otherwise.. as he said, the truth will out.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There is a 3rd Penske hauler at Long Beach with #12 and Verizon Wireless on it...

Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...