Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taxi Uh Oh

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Taxi Uh Oh

In Halton region north west of Toronto there is at least one Ford Crown Victoria running around with what appears to be a taxi sign on the roof. It has just a phone #. Call the number and the answer is 'Halton Regional Police'!
    An unmarked car used for traffic enforcement. By the time you would spot the lights behind the grill, game over.
    Info and picture on the CASC web site.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    In Halton region north west of Toronto there is at least one Ford Crown Victoria running around with what appears to be a taxi sign on the roof. It has just a phone #. Call the number and the answer is 'Halton Regional Police'!
    An unmarked car used for traffic enforcement. By the time you would spot the lights behind the grill, game over.
    THAT's just DIRTY pool...lol

I like the ole OPP. Those holstein paint jobs on their cars make them stand out eh?
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    Locally the Police have one of these

Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I've always thought police should have more normal cars, usually it's all quick Volvos or Mondeo STs, if they rolled around in a tweaked Skyline they could catch so many little boys after a race that the number of young driver accidents would plummet due to evry little scroat being banned
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Jan, you have been over here and you probably have noticed most police cars over here are "interceptor" versions of 4 door sedans. They tend to be heavier v8 powered cars , with partitions between the front and rear seats, and modifications for police use. The Ford Crown Victoria seems be the vehicle of choice in Canada, but Dodge Charger is one I have seen a lot of down in the US for highway work. I wouldn't want to try to out run one......

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Would you think you could out run this guy?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It is even harder to outrun a radio.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Would you think you could out run this guy?
    Over here I could, I'd just introduce it the the mortal enemy of the Yank tank, a twisty country lane There are roads near me that those things probably couldn't even fit down

Of course it's ideal for highway patrol over the pond, lots of grunt and looks scary as ****
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    Over here I could, I'd just introduce it the the mortal enemy of the Yank tank, a twisty country lane There are roads near me that those things probably couldn't even fit down

Of course it's ideal for highway patrol over the pond, lots of grunt and looks scary as ****
    Mid engined car vs front engined yank tank I think it'd have a chance.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo

I have driven a Charger, they handle pretty decent, and a Hemi v-8 with 400 hp is ideal to discourage people from taking a run. In its natural element, it is a pretty good car for the job.

You Brits have those paved cart paths that you call side roads and I suspect the Charger would have to work pretty hard on, but hey, that thing looks like it would bash the hedges out of the way!!!