Page 4 of 251 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Remember that there was a funny guy in this forum, one, who predicted this after Monza 2006. He got banned for some reason and I was surprised, because he seemed to be a reasonable band. He said that Luca and Pierro Lardi were getting rid of the dream teams, because they wanted more Italian control and it will backfire on them, because Lardi is responsible for the chaos in the 90-ies. Back then it seemed a weird theory.
    But now I remembered that. What do you think?
    BINGO!

(what we old men and old ladies do in the usa, down at the local bingo hall, whenver there is a winning number)
    i wonder who that was who said all that....(but if you ain't been banned at least once around here it is because your posts are boring and lack humor...)
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Nothing good to add about their performance after the race either.
    Another strategy blunder happened.
    hopefully they've got someone who can use their strategy software better than Baldisseri, someone who is more analytical than this failed poker player who calls himself a strategist.

They're lucky that the race was stopped before 75% of it was run and thus the amount of points lost out is only 50% of what it could have been.
    Believe it or not Ioan, I consider myself on the very fringe of being tifosi.

I have always had great respect for Ferrari in both good and bad times, though I admit their dominance in recent years past made the sport boring for a while.

I thought I was going to lose my mind today when they put Kimi on full wets. Even as they were doing it I was thinking better to make him wait and run back for intermediates or dry tires again!

But, they will rise again. Massa on that podium for the final victory last year was the energy they need to bring back.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    Believe it or not Ioan, I consider myself on the very fringe of being tifosi.

I have always had great respect for Ferrari in both good and bad times, though I admit their dominance in recent years past made the sport boring for a while.

I thought I was going to lose my mind today when they put Kimi on full wets. Even as they were doing it I was thinking better to make him wait and run back for intermediates or dry tires again!

But, they will rise again. Massa on that podium for the final victory last year was the energy they need to bring back.
    As I said, unexpected faces around here, but it makes me happy to see this.

IMO the team's management is failing under pressure again. But it's only their own fault that they are in this position again.
    They need a better strategists, there is no question about that. Luca Baldisseri is trying to guess the future instead of going with what he sees on track.

Every lap Kimi did on full wets with a dry track lost him enough time for a pit stop. The maths were very simple, even if the rain would have come one lap later it would have been better to keep him on slicks and than pit again for wets.

This was worse than amateurish.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I'm impressed with the drivers being able to brush the team's errors away and even defend them:

HALF POINTS - It was a forgettable day for Massa as well. The Brazilian, ninth, tried to see the glass as "half" full, in the true sense of the word. "We console ourselves with the fact that the others got half points and that it wasn't a normal race," explained the Brazilian. "With everything that happened you can make the right decisions or the wrong decisions. The heavy rain was due to come and we thought that we would put our wets on, but instead the rain came later and our tyres were ruined. I did a lap with the intermediates and the heavy rain started. That lost us the chance to get some points. Was it better to start a little further forward on the grid? Kimi who started further up also made a bad decision. In China? We'll start from zero, there will be a few small things that will improve the car a little. Brawn too good even in the rain? Yes."
    CHANCE - Massa downplayed the team's mistakes: "With everything that happened during the race," Massa continued, "we could have made the right decision or the wrong one with the tyres. Looking at the forecast we decided to put the wets on hoping the rain would come quickly, instead it only rained a little and I ruined my tyres. Then I put the intermediates on but I did one lap and the heavy rain started... We lost a chance to get some points, even if only half, but we could have got something. Instead we got nothing."
    http://english.gazzetta.it/Motor_spo...oferrari.shtml

PS: many thanks to pino for the link(s).

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    So, now that they know what needs to be done:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74324

they better start working hard, and if someone doesn't do the job as it should be done than it's time for the boot.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Good to see this thread started again, thanks ioan

Just a pity that Ferrari are c@cking up so badly at the moment Luca needs to kick some serious ar$e and fast.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Good to see this thread started again, thanks ioan
    I'd rather not have started it, but alas the circumstances imposed it.

Good to see you here!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Finally changes are being made:

Ferrari has announced a restructuring of its trackside operations in a bid to turn around its disastrous start to the season - with team manager Luca Baldisserri being switched to a factory-based role.

Following crisis talks at Maranello last week to discuss why the outfit has failed to score a point in the first two races of the year, its worst start to a campaign since 1992, the team has ramped up efforts to ensure it changes the situation as soon as possible.

As part of that bid to help improve the performance, the team has decided to set up a new Working Party to fast-track car improvements that are essential if Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa are to start delivering the results needed to keep them in the title hunt.

This department will be headed by technical director Aldo Costa, with Baldisserri now handed responsibility for coordinating the factory efforts with trackside operations. Work will focus on all areas of car performance, including a double-decker diffuser if the concept is given the green light by the FIA International Court of Appeal this week.

The staff changes mean that Baldisserri will no longer attend races, with his role at the races now being taken by chief track engineer Chris Dyer.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74449

Let's hope they decided not to use dices and coin toss ever again during a race.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Looks like they are going from bad to worse.
    We better set our expectations very low, and be happy if they finally score 1 point.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Yeah, looks like it will be a tough year for the prancing horse. Probably land up 5th or 6th in the championship...
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.