As reported by Robin Miller, IZOD is poised to launch one of the largest advertising and promotional campaigns in IRL History.

In a few weeks, "millions of dollars will be spent on national television ads, promo trailers in movie theaters, major magazines and newspapers and in-store promotions at Macy's stores across the country that will also include a special Indy 500 clothing line".

Unfortunately, the face of IZOD in the IRL (RHR) has no ride for the upcoming season. ""I'm told that I don't have to worry, although I don't know what that means yet," said Mike Kelly, the president of marketing for Phillip Van Husen, the parent company of IZOD. "I know the IRL is as concerned as I am and we speak about it daily".

""We want to create as much hoopla as possible. It's our first venture into motorsports and we want it to be a success." But getting the star of IZOD's promotions into a competitive car is front and center right now. Asked if IZOD considered being RHR's sponsor, Kelly replied: "No, our spend is outside the car space because our role as a partner is to leverage the sport into mainstream culture."

Given the downfall of the world economy and the lack of new Major sponsors with the IRL, I hope they don't screw up this opportunity by leaving RHR without a ride. It would be a pity to ruin a viable relationship with a new and very prominent sponsor, especially when most Tier 1 corporations would rather see their logos associated with the NASCAR juggernaut.

Source: http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...deless-driver/