Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts

Two Freaking Ugly Cars

I looked up ugly in the dictionary and low and behold I say a picture of
    a toyota f1 car and a red bull car. The nose sticks up in the air like some stupid shrew gasping for air. So far the rest of the cars I have seen look pretty respectable. I hope the toro rosso didn't get a car from red puke!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Ahem... Renault R29?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They're all ugly except the McLaren & Williams. Then again the rear & front wings simply look so strange. Ferrari is Ok looking but the F2007 was the rear beauty.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallgeese
    They're all ugly except the McLaren & Williams. Then again the rear & front wings simply look so strange. Ferrari is Ok looking but the F2007 was the rear beauty.
    you mean:

Rare beauty?

Down here in the south, we do not use the term "rear" in reference to beauty in polite society, instead we say, "butt ugly" as in that is one butt ugly car mokin:
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hmm different tastes, I think the RBR5 is the best looking car on the grid, F60 is a close second, but the Renault wins the award for worst on grid, they are all ugly compared to the 08 specs, but we all have to deal with it
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    hmm different tastes, I think the RBR5 is the best looking car on the grid, F60 is a close second, but the Renault wins the award for worst on grid, they are all ugly compared to the 08 specs, but we all have to deal with it

You've got good tastes. Even though I find the F60 even better than RB with the new side pods.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Every 09 car looks like a toy car, as they have since the 1800mm width was introduced.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Renault wins the award for worst on grid
    Ahem... Renault R29?
    Last time I checked F1 wasn't a beauty contest!
    Aparantly the R29 is purpose built within constraints of the 2009 spec's, with sound aero reasoning behind it!
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72866
    Striking with both a new livery and an aggressive shape, the new car is a departure for the team. Again, the most apparent feature is the nose treatment, but also the extraordinary sidepod exits.

The new nosecone arrangement takes some ideas from last's year scalloped undernose and applies them to the FIA neutral middle wing element.

In order to make this fixed aerofoil section add downforce, Renault have added a bulged nose area just above and behind it, taking the nose to its maximum width and filling in the space behind the front wing mounts.

For the balance of the sidepods, the R29 features deeply undercut sidepod fronts, with extra cooling inlets for the Magneti Marelli KERS system. Then the sidepods fold into the coke bottle area to form an extreme shape for the cooling exit.

As there is no cooling exit on the top part of the sidepod (although the rules allow for one), the exit area is entirely made up by the widening of the coke bottle shape nestling in between the rear suspension. More cooling outlet area is afforded by a exit atop the gearbox.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    Last time I checked F1 wasn't a beauty contest!
    Aparantly the R29 is purpose built within constraints of the 2009 spec's, with sound aero reasoning behind it!
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72866
    Striking with both a new livery and an aggressive shape, the new car is a departure for the team. Again, the most apparent feature is the nose treatment, but also the extraordinary sidepod exits.

The new nosecone arrangement takes some ideas from last's year scalloped undernose and applies them to the FIA neutral middle wing element.

In order to make this fixed aerofoil section add downforce, Renault have added a bulged nose area just above and behind it, taking the nose to its maximum width and filling in the space behind the front wing mounts.

In doing this, the team have chosen a Venturi section to create low pressure and thus downforce over the front axle, an area that might otherwise create lift.

For the balance of the sidepods, the R29 features deeply undercut sidepod fronts, with extra cooling inlets for the Magneti Marelli KERS system. Then the sidepods fold into the coke bottle area to form an extreme shape for the cooling exit.

As there is no cooling exit on the top part of the sidepod (although the rules allow for one), the exit area is entirely made up by the widening of the coke bottle shape nestling in between the rear suspension. More cooling outlet area is afforded by a exit atop the gearbox.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I have to admit I have started to absolutely adore the 09 rear wing. The 2008 wings look already odd - way too low. Proper wing is high and clear. The front wing should still be narrowed a bit though.