Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

European Late Model Series

The new name for the Unified series of stock cars in europe is

European Late Model Series

We have busted a gut to get this together, Tony Roots and Kelvin Hassell must be congatulated for thier work on this deal, we all agreed that while others have tried to get a european series up and running we already have the cars to form a 40 car grid so why not......

the following are Kelvins thoughts on the joint series

It is silly that there are so many Late Model type Stockcars in Europe that are not on tracks and utter stupidity if we do not try to do something about it. CAMSO V8 was a reasonably successful formula in its own right, but it lacks profile and its momentum has stalled with the idea “We have a track, we have drivers we don’t need to do anything else!” The story of ASCAR is long and complicated and been covered many a time and I don’t wish to go over it again.

The technical bits will be ironed out over the next month or so. Tony Roots will be working with Colin White to make sure that the ASCARs are every bit as fast as the CAMSO V8s on the short tracks and that everyone has an even playing field when we get to the first round. For those disappointed at not seeing a Rockingham, Duane is working on it, but, to be honest Rockingham cannot be the main stay of this new series. Not yet anyway. If the series is successful we will get a new oval. There are people that have invested in the V8s who will make one, if this is successful.

The media bits are being taken care of by two of our fellow ten tenthers, SS Collins and CAMSOgirl! For those that don’t know them, SS is the editor of an engineering magzine and CAMSOgirl works for a P.R and media company, looking after such things as the WTCC. Both of them are doing this for the shear love of Stockcars and I cannot thank them enough. I will leave it to them to identify themselves if they so wish.

Another person I won’t identify is the person who has invested the money to make all this possible. We hope to recoup the money through sponsorship but we are in no way reliant on that, thanks to one person who had the unfortunate affliction of having an arm longer than his pocket was deep when I sent him the email that put all this together. I will show you how prize moneys will be allocated in another post along with incentives for people to join this new series. As with CAMSO V8, there will be no entry fees.

All that remains is for anyone left out there, who has an a ASCAR or a Late Model of some kind, to get in touch so we can get you some track time and see what we can do to help you race. A test session has been arranged for March with Rookie training available the day before, for the complete novice. CWS, Revolution Racing and Roots V8 Racing, all have hire cars available or can sell you a used or new race car
    REVOLUTION RACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with everything that man just said!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You would do Kelv.... you wrote most of it!

Best of luck guys. Hope it works for you.
    Team Air Ambulance - Rookie Champions 2007. Support your local air ambulance charity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    does this mean ascar will still be racing at hednesford and ipswich or not...if they are IM THERE!....boogidy boogidy boogidy...lets go racin!
    Well done Dale JR....a fitting tribute to your father

dale earnhardt 1951-2001

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I look forward to the full schedule being announced. Shortcircuitmag says 4 UK races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ipswich, Hednesford and two at Lydden

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No Pembrey Oval????? :P Heard about there's an tiny oval here in Pembrey but never actually saw it or read about it somewhere.......
    Be careful what you do in the circuits cause my camera is always around! :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great news. Keep us informed.
    Words you say never seem To live up to the ones Inside your head....and I don't like what you got me hanging from.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung
    No Pembrey Oval????? :P Heard about there's an tiny oval here in Pembrey but never actually saw it or read about it somewhere.......
    isn't that what google and google earth are for?
    Hear the thunder, feel the power.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

excellent

Duane, congratulations to you and all involved in getting this together, i'm sure much hard work was involved as usual.

Hope it all goes well for you guy's.
    "Don't wait for your ship to come in..swim out and meet the bloody thing" Barry Sheene 1950-2003