Page 40 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC Coverage

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I had Five Live on, Legard and Brundle nearly tipped me over the edge during the Bahrain borefest and I wasn't going to risk that again. From the tiny amount I've seen of the highlights on the red button I believe I made the right call.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    I had Five Live on, Legard and Brundle nearly tipped me over the edge during the Bahrain borefest and I wasn't going to risk that again. From the tiny amount I've seen of the highlights on the red button I believe I made the right call.
    Agreed I've sometimes switched between the two commentary teams, only to get Brundle's insights, but today it was Crofty & Ant all the way. They make a great team and describe the race superbly. No more Legard (or sadly Brundle) for me during the race.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Apart from the last two laps I don't recall them being that annoying. Star of the show is Mike Gascoyne on the pit wall, basically acting as a third commentator, chatting about Hamilton moving through the field. That was one thing ITV got right, basically stalking a team for the weekend and chatting to an engineer during the race. More please!

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Couple of gems in the qualifying today...

Eddie Jordan claiming credit for Kovalainen getting into Q2 - he taught Mike Gascoyne everything he knows apparently

And from Martin: "Petrov looks like he's wrestling an octopus in there." I wonder how long he'd been working on that one.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Star of the show today was EJ's shirt. He certainly was sweaty, and I loved Jake's little dig once he'd got changed and they'd moved into Lotus hospitality: "it's nice and cool in here for you"
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    EJ certainly was struggling wasn't he?! Good to see DC talking a bit about the DTM - hopefully it will give the DTM a bit more coverage in the UK.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    EJ certainly was struggling wasn't he?! Good to see DC talking a bit about the DTM - hopefully it will give the DTM a bit more coverage in the UK.
    Unfortunately it's on ESPN again this year

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Anyone complaining about Legard annoying them... hit the red button right now and listen to a man who should in no way be allowed near a microphone for any reason summarise Q1, Q2 and the first half of Q3.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebody
    Anyone complaining about Legard annoying them... hit the red button right now and listen to a man who should in no way be allowed near a microphone for any reason summarise Q1, Q2 and the first half of Q3.
    Who is it? I don't have the red button.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    No idea who it is, but his delivery is incredibly patronising...