Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WRC, start calendar 2010 in the winter!

ICS want to move the wrc calendar to the winter, After Ford now also Citroen signaled green light for the idea of a calendar conversion.
    „In August 2010 we should start a new start in the winter season" say ISC boss Simon Long.
    With the common meeting this week in Paris, this took never place before in this form, is valid it likewise to clarify whether there is a trunk WM in case of a conversion in the first half year 2010, or no WM-runs until August take place?

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/...ter/index.html
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

MJW
    I remain unconvinced about the winter calendar improving things, afterall its not too long ago (2005) that DR and ISC wanted WRGB moved to september as "rally cars didnt look good covered in mud and shrouded in fog on tv" now they say "rallying works best in mud and wet". Frankly I dont care when the rallies run, but having a winter start in August 2010 would be good if it allows the newer cheaper wrc / s2000 or S2t to start rather than drag this out to 2011. There are many good drivers waiting for factory drives to come along from WRC & IRC( Petter, PG, Atko, Meeke etc) Anything to get away from the rich kids rallying we now have is a positive step.

Liked 1,786 Times in 422 Posts
    Its great idea.. that gives manufacturers more than one year to prepare according to the new rules. Now they need to finalize those rules very quickly.
    Looking the current economical situation, I think that it is good idea to note make any kind of season at the beginning of 2010. That helps the current manufacturers to focus on developing new cars and others to collect sponsor money and ISC to generate great media ideas.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    Ok, but I don't like the idea of a 6-7 event "season" in first part of 2010 which will result.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe Season 2010 starts in Finland?!?
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    Maybe Season 2010 starts in Finland?!?
    I guess it would be 2010/11, with 2010 being Jan-June.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    I guess it will be 6-7 event 2010 season with wrc cars and then 2010/2011 (2011) season with S2000(+) cars.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    I say let's do what is needed in order to enlive the WRC because right now is amost dead WRC needs more Cars, more Drivers, more Events, more Everything !
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    No thanks, another gimmick. I've never quite understood the thinking. In the winter months there is supposedley less competition, so people will watch the WRC on TV. Wrong - people don't watch because it's rubbish!! Why not leave it Jan - Nov/Dec.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So the idea of GP one weekend and rally the next on mainstream tv has bitten the dust and the WRC is packed off to the winter months when it cant detract from the Golden Goose that is F1. Have to agree with previous comments thats it's a gimmick and one that is bound to fail.

The rot runs much deeper than this. Repeated stages,central servicing with drivers dissapearing into the corporate motor homes and been sheilded from the fans by countless PR people. Erosion of the sports legacy by constant meddling and hapless rule changes the list goes on...