Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

Lightbulb WRC Starting order leg 2 & 3

FIA need to do something to the starting order system that is in use today.
    As it is today it turns the competition into a farce, and that has to stop !!!

What system do you want to see from the next rally if you could choose ?

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    very nice and fresh question....never heard one like that before....

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Drivers nominate their starting position based on championship standing and then at the end of leg 1 based on their position in the rally. But that would reward the drivers who are doing well too much and rob the ignorants of the fake competition we've seen over the last couple of years and we can't have that
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    They should start each leg in the order in which they finished the previous one. This was the system for many years, and while it could be unfair on the early runners, it was basically a fair system, and certainly devoid of gimmickry.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i would like reversed order since the current order penelize the rally leader by unfavourable road position and with reversed order we dont have to watch the ford boys embarrass themselves with stoping on stage to get a better road position.

i never understood why some motorsports branches penelizes those who perform good (starting position in rally, penelty weights in some racing diciplines).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwalker
    i would like reversed order since the current order penelize the rally leader by unfavourable road position and with reversed order we dont have to watch the ford boys embarrass themselves with stoping on stage to get a better road position.
    Citroen have also used the rule when it has been to their advantage - it's just over the past season and a bit it has more often been to Fords advantage. I think all this nonsense about concocting lies about studs coming out is a bit stupid though- but again both works teams have played that game too.

Personally I think leave the rule as is as in theory it should level the field a bit. Why should the guys lower down the field perform road sweeping duties to the fastest cars and scupper their own chances of gaining ground? There are pros and cons to both approaches.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In order of their position in the rally, after day 1 and after day 2, let the drivers decide themselves on which place they want to start.
    That is according to me, very equitable.
    Maybe they make the wrong choice, just like them choose their own tyres.
    Keep the things simple.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Leader of the Rally should always get the best advantage, that's the best way to reward a leader and motivate anyone to reach that position
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Starting order should stay as is but points should be awarded after each day. The one with the most points at the end of the rally win.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    They should start each leg in the order in which they finished the previous one. This was the system for many years, and while it could be unfair on the early runners, it was basically a fair system, and certainly devoid of gimmickry.
    I think that works when you've got half a dozen people fighting like crazy for the win. When it's like that there's no way people will lose a minute or something, but with the way it is today.....
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.