Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Le Mans 2009

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    The Lola Astons seem to having a good debut. They wont win the race, but hopefully they can build on this in years to come.

I hope Peugeot win-simply because Id like to see someone other than Audi to win it for once-But you have to give them credit for how brilliant they are.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    The Lola Astons seem to having a good debut. They wont win the race, but hopefully they can build on this in years to come.

I hope Peugeot win-simply because Id like to see someone other than Audi to win it for once-But you have to give them credit for how brilliant they are.
    I'd agree, you almost know what is going to happen - I'll go to bed with Peugeot leading, get up tomorrow and the No1 Audi will be ahead.

On another note, I've just got in from a day out watching some Rallying - on the drive home had the radio on, Not 1 single mention of Le Mans .
    It's true Motorsport=F1!!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    I completely agree - one of the best days of WRC in recent years and the Le Mans 24h and yet neither is mentioned on TV or radio - a disgrace...

btw any online coverage availible?

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    This the thing Andy-Sportscar racing and GT doesnt get enough coverage. with the right branding it could be just as big as F1. Hopefully next years new World Le Mans Series and World GT1 Championships (both of them Im very happy about) will raise Prototype/sportscar racings profile to a worldwide scale-Im a fan of manier motorsports, and I do feel that sportscar and GT racing isnt popular enough-That needs to change. hopefully this can happen will the aforementioned world championships.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Sorry - got coverage now...

Here if anyone missed it on page 3 = http://www.atdhe.net/7219/watch-24-hours-of-le-mans

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    This the thing Andy-Sportscar racing and GT doesnt get enough coverage. with the right branding it could be just as big as F1. Hopefully next years new World Le Mans Series and World GT1 Championships (both of them Im very happy about) will raise Prototype/sportscar racings profile to a worldwide scale-Im a fan of manier motorsports, and I do feel that sportscar and GT racing isnt popular enough-That needs to change. hopefully this can happen will the aforementioned world championships.
    Well it doesn't get enough 'mainstream' coverage. Radio LeMans do great coverage of LMS/ALMS, MotorsTV do ALMS,Eurosport are doing LeMans - but I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned on BBC Radio.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    The Eurosport coverage is excellent, in my opinion. Watching it reminds one what an excellent driver line-up Le Mans now boasts again, and it certainly deserves a wider audience.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    We have to face that motorsport is just not that mainstream, especially something which can be as confusing as endurance racing. What annoys me though is that they are doing huge coverage of crap sports like the T20 and Andy 'f***-face' Murray which are also fairly minority (most people couldn't give a toss about tennis until Wimbledon starts).

As for other coverage, well Eurosport do pretty much all you can ask of a TV broadcast, it's just a shame that I can't stay up for it all and can only get it through justin.tv so have to cope with stream.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I see I'm not the only sleepless around here!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    Sorry - got coverage now...

Here if anyone missed it on page 3 = http://www.atdhe.net/7219/watch-24-hours-of-le-mans
    Thanks for the link! Much better than just audio.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty