Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A NASCAR Christmas?

Our tree every year is usually living proof of "how bad have you got it?" but this time around, it's definitely been scaled down quite a bit. Our son wanted NFL gear this time around - so no more scrambling to find something new from Jeff Gordon for him... Our daughter kind of fell out of interest in racing this year so there won't be any new Jr. jammies under the tree... Stewart is switching so much around that I won't be getting anything new until Daytona...

However - I did get my nephew (newest NASCAR fan in the family) the NASCAR Fisher Price race track - pretty cool, makes all the noises, has a victory lane and a trophy - plus I thought it was pretty awesome that you can have the drivers hold the checkered flag for a lap around the track after they win - he'll have lots of fun playing while watching the races on Sundays with the family.

But I just wonder if the lack of NASCAR stuff under the tree is a reflection of general frustration with the sport - or maybe just sheer overload from all the changes/hype/outrage from this past season - or heck, maybe we've just got enough stuff - LOL

What about you? Will you be having a NASCAR holiday - or are you taking a holiday from NASCAR?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I bought my brother (and of course, got one for myself) an autographed Darrell Waltrip diecast from the DW Store. It was a replica of his 1981 #11 Mountain Dew Buick.

Even before the down turn in the economy, we decided to scale back on the collecting though. As expected, when SMI & ISC bought out Action & Team Caliber it ruined the hobby for us. To boot, the quality of the product is worse as well.

I did get my nephew a couple 1/64th Matt Kenseth diecasts since he didn't have any yet. I usually buy him discounted ones along Gypsy Row at the race track. Tough to find MK stuff on Gypsy Row. Gordon and Joonyer stuff...no prob, but his pops said No Gordon stuff. (He's only three, so he's going to beat the crap out of them.) The only other MK thing he had was a t-shirt I got for him last year.

Got the niece a MK Beanie Baby. Her first Nascar item.

I'm still supporting sponsors though. Bought pops a 1.75 liter bottle of Jack. And bought both my daughters a free oil change from the Pennzoil Quick Change along with shopping mall gift cards. I hate changing oil in the winter...so this year I'll only be doing it for my vehicles.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.