Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its a real shame Subaru have gone. I never knew what a rally car was untill 2002, when my sisters boyfriend came round in a Subaru!. From then I was hooked, and have only known WRC in its current format and teams. I go to a few events each year, Germany, Spain and Wales this year, and to think there will be even less cars this year is really sad, there are too few full wrc cars as it is.
    Big shame.........

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    LOL!

On a serious note, I'm really sad to see Subaru take the plank.

I will have fond memories of wearing my SWRT shirt as Petter passed by at Rally Mexico 2008. They'll be back and they'll be a winning team once again.
    In some ways I'm sad in some ways I'm not.

I am sad a manufacturer with such a good history in modern rallying has left.

BUT what have they left? They've left a half arsed WRC which wasn't really worth competing in. It's amazing how rubbish the WRC has been for the last couple of years when compared to the boom period we had from 2000-2004 or so.

To me it's like having to put down an old but much loved dog. It's sad, so sad but you realise that it's for the best when all the dog does is lay in it's kennel all day because it's too old to walk around without being in lots of pain. Thing is though you had lots of good years so don't be too unhappy. You can always get a new puppy and over time you will grow to like that one just as much.

What you say is very true Jonkka. Sadly with Colin gone for good and now Subaru gone for the forseeable future this is the end of an era for sure.

Thanks for the memories Subaru
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel

BUT what have they left? They've left a half arsed WRC which wasn't really worth competing in. It's amazing how rubbish the WRC has been for the last couple of years when compared to the boom period we had from 2000-2004 or so.

Thanks for the memories Subaru
    Good posting

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlake
    Good posting
    Seriously, don't agree with me. It's customary on these forums to accuse me of being hateful or something similarly ridiculous just because I have no qualms in pointing out what is plainly obvious to those of us who live in the real world and who realised the WRC was in trouble years ago
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    I'm hearing some wild rumours that perhaps Petter and Henning will fork out for 2 privateer Subaru's, IF Petter can't race for Adapta for contractual reasons.

Now that could be fun!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    I'm hearing some wild rumours that perhaps Petter and Henning will fork out for 2 privateer Subaru's, IF Petter can't race for Adapta for contractual reasons.

Now that could be fun!
    That would be fun

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

Sabbatical

Just read that it might be a sabbatical (a Skoda) to regroup and make a S2000 based car in peace and quiet.

Have anyone else seen this somewhere ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Truly awful news, and embarrassing for the WRC. But don't forget Citreon pulled out of the WRC for 2005, and Loeb still managed to win the title in a Kronos Xsara... I know it wasn't wholly independent, but I think we might see privateer teams challenging the 2 official manufacturers again?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    Just read that it might be a sabbatical (a Skoda) to regroup and make a S2000 based car in peace and quiet.

Have anyone else seen this somewhere ?
    Not likely. Subaru are gone for at least the long term and maybe forever:

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk...20WRC%20return
    Rest in peace Richard

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    WRC good value and benefits for Ford.

Wake up marketing boys/girls by Ford.
    Sorry. This is to optimistic about WRC!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72508